First arb vehicle - van or truck? New or used? Buy or lease?

Shipwrecked Bones

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

I think vehicles are very expensive what ever you do. The second hand market I find high price for comercial vehicles. You can get a 1998 peugeot 106 with long mot for £150 bargin. There isa 1998 raty rough worked hard hilux on ebay for £2250 and it has coverd 200,000 miles. I find comercial vehicles very expensive. I also find customers paying for a regular service dont like it when you can not provide because your trucks in the shop. To overcome such trouble I looked at runing two vehicles however tax is £225 & insurance is £600 ( i dont understand this as evern Travis Pastrana cant drive two trucks at once) then you have to store and M.O.T. My current van costs about £1500 in just repairs & service a year not to mention loss of earnings & when its in shop. Lease van as far as I can make out costs £3000 year so its actualy cheaper than having two old trucks. The advantages are allways there ready to go, no nasty repair bills & smart profesonal looking outfit with sign writing etc your accounts & tax work better. Diss advantages you need a depsoit, you cant sell if you can not work, its expensive to either scratch, dent or run up high millage so the cost is not actally kowen until you give the keys back. I have heard servicing is very expensive and voids the waranty if you drop the oil & filter yourself.

Iam considering a lease. The second hand market has alot of demand. I need a big van as i carry all my kit. Mowers, hedge cutters, ladders, ground work tools, strimmers, saws & carry materials & cuttings. What worries me is limited millage & denting & sracthing in it. The van will work hard all day all year it will get a beating and i just can not predict the cost of wear & tear.

I think vehicles are very expensive what ever you do. The second hand market I find high price for comercial vehicles. You can get a 1998 peugeot 106 with long mot for £150 bargin. There isa 1998 raty rough worked hard hilux on ebay for £2250 and it has coverd 200,000 miles. I find comercial vehicles very expensive. I also find customers paying for a regular service dont like it when you can not provide because your trucks in the shop. To overcome such trouble I looked at runing two vehicles however tax is £225 & insurance is £600 ( i dont understand this as evern Travis Pastrana cant drive two trucks at once) then you have to store and M.O.T. My current van costs about £1500 in just repairs & service a year not to mention loss of earnings & when its in shop. Lease van as far as I can make out costs £3000 year so its actualy cheaper than having two old trucks. The advantages are allways there ready to go, no nasty repair bills & smart profesonal looking outfit with sign writing etc your accounts & tax work better. Diss advantages you need a depsoit, you cant sell if you can not work, its expensive to either scratch, dent or run up high millage so the cost is not actally kowen until you give the keys back. I have heard servicing is very expensive and voids the waranty if you drop the oil & filter yourself.

Iam considering a lease. The second hand market has alot of demand. I need a big van as i carry all my kit. Mowers, hedge cutters, ladders, ground work tools, strimmers, saws & carry materials & cuttings. What worries me is limited millage & denting & sracthing in it. The van will work hard all day all year it will get a beating and i just can not predict the cost of wear & tear.

I lease for all of the above reasons!

No headaches with truck breaking down! I find that having a new vehicle enables me to charge more as well as you look a lot more professional! I've just ordered a new Nissan navara and to be fair I could have picked a cheaper pick up, as a leather seat l200 double cab was about 10 grand cheaper, however I don't drink and smoke anymore and I want to spend that money on something nice for me!

It's true you get stiffed a bit on handing the keys back but you can also benefit from the low price as you are buying at a pool car price.

It depends how much you want to spend as well at the end of the day, I like having a reliable and smart truck and I'm willing to pay for it!