Stihl ms 201 = crap!!!

simonm

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine got carb, coil, pot, piston, flywheel I think but I don't think all that was part of the upgrade as such, some people say the carb is a different issue. If you have a switched on dealer talk to them. I spoke to Stihl at the AA show who said to send it back and get the dealer to call Stihl technical so I did and a week later the saw came back to me fixed. I have got one of the first 201T's and had a new carb on it 2 years ago which didn't make much difference. This new rebuild/refresh makes a massive difference.

Good for you. I maintain that for a small saw like that used every day, 2 years is a decent life expectancy.

I have refurbed many MS200Ts 10-12 years old, there are typical components that do fail but the saws are still able to perform and are far better than the earlier version of the MS201 - cant comment on the later ones!

You asked what a service includes, my services get the saw back to full working serviceable order with new parts to avoid failure in the near - mid future - replacing clutch springs is a regular occurence as is chain catchers - it stops the saw failing in a months time for £5 worth of spares!

Mine got carb, coil, pot, piston, flywheel I think but I don't think all that was part of the upgrade as such, some people say the carb is a different issue. If you have a switched on dealer talk to them. I spoke to Stihl at the AA show who said to send it back and get the dealer to call Stihl technical so I did and a week later the saw came back to me fixed. I have got one of the first 201T's and had a new carb on it 2 years ago which didn't make much difference. This new rebuild/refresh makes a massive difference.

My local dealer does not do repairs in their workshop! they get sent to manchester then 3 weeks later they come back! as i found out :thumbdown:

Sounds expensive all that, after 2 years the saw is probably out of warranty? right?