What's so hard using a lanyard?!?!

mikedrums69

"Good work position is everything". That can be with or without lanyard, you can leg lock and use your bod' to get a good position it's just making sure you don't involuntarily come away from it uncontrolled. If you can strop in that's fine but don't take that as you can wave sharp tools around any safer! Pay attention to what you are on, where your ropes are, what you are anchoring to, and how you route your pruning gear to and away from the cut. You risk assess every decision you make in a second if that decision is put your strop round don't argue with yourself.:thumbup1:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used not to bother with a lanyard so much, then a while back there was a similar thread and i was surprised by how many people said they always used one when cutting, so started using it more and now all the time, not much extra time for a lot of extra benefit if something goes pear shaped, thanks arbtalk for helping me climb safer.

carl

As far as I am aware it is still only a requirement to use a secondary load baring anchor point/ life line if there is a risk of damaging and cutting your primary anchor . Or if you can not achieve a suitable or stable work position without the use of a secondary anchor/lifeline . That being said I have seen occasions where there secondary line has become a bigger danger than working with just the one line .