Hard time selling logs

simonm

I appreciate people saying i should be selling them for £150 a cube, if i was commanding those prices i would give up tree work and go into selling firewood alone. Thanks to the advice i have just altered the price on ebay to £80 a cube + delivery, try from a different angle and see how we go :001_rolleyes:

you could add free local delivery ??

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good advice there Ben :thumbup1:

Ive completely over hauled pricing structure this year, based around making more profit from a hard game but still offering the customer sensible prices. Yes its a bit of hassle explaining new prices and different loads offered but I feel I needed to offer a more complete service to make more money and ultimately have a more sustainable business. Time will tell but I have nearly removed all risk from the business and if I have timber still in the yard in 3 yrs time ill just sell the lot whole sale.

I can guarantee that if i advertise them at £140 around here i will still have them sat in the yard at the end of the winter.

If we have a mild winter lots of people will be sitting on a pile of wood whether it's £60 or £140. But if you sell it for doley money and the weather turns cold it will be scarce and you can't sell it for £100 minimum. In 2010 I could have sold 10 times as much the following year could not give it away. I would stock as much as you can hold then sell your a risings until things start moving. If we have a mild winter sell what's left next year. I don't think you can turn over firewood you need to be able to store 2 years worth.

If we have a mild winter lots of people will be sitting on a pile of wood whether it's £60 or £140. But if you sell it for doley money and the weather turns cold it will be scarce and you can't sell it for £100 minimum. In 2010 I could have sold 10 times as much the following year could not give it away. I would stock as much as you can hold then sell your a risings until things start moving. If we have a mild winter sell what's left next year. I don't think you can turn over firewood you need to be able to store 2 years worth.

True that, i think we will get it all split and covered up and wait for the cold weather.