Chippers

John Wilson

i was looking at the tp range of pto chippers , they have some with grabs and probably half the price of that chiper at 75k !!!

the mowi cranes are sooo overpriced when buying from tp, i see tp have put their prices up big time. i priced the mowi 300 from a seperate company at 8k, tp wanted 13k and that was 3 years ago. crane feeding disc chippers isnt ideal as the flywheel takes a heavy bashing. the big vermeer is drum, it may be half the price but it will be more than twice the machine, that is for sure. and it comes with its own engine and trailer. the tp needs a 40k tractor attached to it:sad:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the mowi cranes are sooo overpriced when buying from tp, i see tp have put their prices up big time. i priced the mowi 300 from a seperate company at 8k, tp wanted 13k and that was 3 years ago. crane feeding disc chippers isnt ideal as the flywheel takes a heavy bashing. the big vermeer is drum, it may be half the price but it will be more than twice the machine, that is for sure. and it comes with its own engine and trailer. the tp needs a 40k tractor attached to it:sad:

i see . i have no reall knowledge of chippers like that , the tp looked like a good bit of kit , but like you said it does not have its own engine . so what would be your ultimate tpo chipper

i see . i have no reall knowledge of chippers like that , the tp looked like a good bit of kit , but like you said it does not have its own engine . so what would be your ultimate tpo chipper

i would love the hm400 heizohack. sweet sweet sweet machine.:001_cool:you do get bigger, but that one would suit me:001_smile:

The other thing with big pto chippers is most are not hand feedable crane feed only, as far as i'm aware the bc2000 is one of the largest hand feedable machines availible.

Yes it is expensive but like Shrek pointed out it has its own 250hp Cat engine and crane included, which is handy as it has the ability to fill that mog in 7 minutes when presented with a constant stream of material, not many pto machines can match that output, so we can park it up and whilst one mog is being emptied fill up another mog or chip truck.

i use a schilesing 440 mx towable and a 660 on the front of the mog and they are both built to last and super reliable,best chippers on the market in my mind ...

ditto

at the mo just dont get better, but remember everything breaks in the end

kev:001_tongue:

ditto

at the mo just dont get better, but remember everything breaks in the end

kev:001_tongue:

One outfit i used to work for had a Schliesing 220mx? tough as, it was abused and poorly maintained but withstood the worst that was thrown at it by rough sub contractors, where others like Jensen and Timberwolfs faltered under such abuse.

Good chippers if well maintained i'd imagine they'd give an excellent service life.