Haggling, who does it?

Rye Oil Ltd

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never I ask a price if it's to high walk away if they want I sell they ask how much I'll pay take it of leave it. I would not have the cheek to haggle at the suppliers as I know there some if the best prices in the country.

British to the core me

Re. The first two sentences. Isn't that haggling?

I came to the end of my energy contracts with Eon and British gas for the house.

Suddenly because I had not renegotiated a new contract I found that the electric was over 20p/unit and the gas was 9p/therm. Spent the morning on the phone, takes ages and can be stressful but the result was Eon took on my electric and gas combined. Electric at 11p and gas 3.5p.

Do I feel guilty about haggling? Not me.

Got to haggle. Being a tight Scot it is in my genes. However you have to realise that the person selling has got to live also. Secret is starting with a number that is low but not low enough to insult them. At end of the day seller won't be losing money if they are they won't be in business long.