New carver

Fieldarcher

It's been a good day.

Spoke to Robb at Chainsawbars uk. What a pleasure it is to talk to someone who not only knows his field but is such an enthusiast as well. Spent sometime on his website before I spoke to him and I know a few company's who should look at this to see how a website should work. I then phoned a nice lady at Strauss who was very helpful in getting me kitted out with a snazzy red pair of vented chainsaw trousers at what I think is a very reasonable price. I also found a belt that might just be what I was looking for on their site . Every time I bend down to pull arrows my quiver hit the deck , so much for a lockable quick release belt. This new one is based on an aircraft seatbelt so it should be more reliable .

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Trousers from Engelbert Strauss arrived today. This is probably the best engineered item of clothing I've ever bought. I wear Haglofs when I'm out shooting field and they are perfect but I thought expensive at £110 but these chainsaw trousers cost the same but have at least 5 times the work and materials used. I can see I will need to order the braces to go with them .

Looking forward to seeing how they perform. My new 211 arrives Monday so can't wait to get in the forest and try out my new gear.

Thanks for all your great advice so far guys.

• 3 weeks later...