Vented bags

Ollie

The secret is, we're filling the tunnel now for next year. The holes in the base of solid sided bags is based on the "heat rises" theory. The bags must be on pallets though so as not to blank off the holes and allow air to rise with the moisture. With this system we have virtually no mould to date.

Here's a couple of pics of the forklift, tractor etc in the tunnel. Sourcing the right kit(a small forklift) helps but not essential. We can easily have a couple of landy tippers in there, tractor and forklift while we process if the weather is rough outside.

The hoops are 28feet span and cost £150 second hand. There's 14 bays making it around 120 foot long and the plastic was about £400. Everything is owned, from machinery to the actual yard so not much outgoing.

If you're lucky you may even spot some of the "unsuccessful" vented bags in there!😜

[ATTACH]167816[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]167817[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]167818[/ATTACH]

You have the same brinkman britruck as us is yours manual or hydrostatic. Have you a source for parts etc. I have an owners manual and part list. Superb little truck but our kubota engine is so stuffed it looses compression when warm and stalls. :001_smile:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve, I'm still supposed to be calling in to see the original importers to see what the parts situation is like. I know, I'm a waste of space as they're only 2 or 3 miles from my house, but I will get there😜

Mine is manual mate, the engine is tired too but it's problem is starting. It's got twin truck batteries on now and that's helped but possibly not as poorly as yours as it keeps running. I've been looking for a spare D850 but like rocking horse poo!

Still love it to bits, now got a grab for it. Just needs gluing on now.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1414449375.789487.jpg.942ab9cf12facee6adffa7dc0226fd6c.jpg

Hi Steve, I'm still supposed to be calling in to see the original importers to see what the parts situation is like. I know, I'm a waste of space as they're only 2 or 3 miles from my house, but I will get there😜

Mine is manual mate, the engine is tired too but it's problem is starting. It's got twin truck batteries on now and that's helped but possibly not as poorly as yours as it keeps running. I've been looking for a spare D850 but like rocking horse poo!

Still love it to bits, now got a grab for it. Just needs gluing on now.

[ATTACH]167848[/ATTACH]

if its struggling to start it may need the starter rebuilding ,same prob wi renault ,new motor ,sorted ,

Hi Johnny, I think it's a bit past that point. Mine cranks over really fast now due to the twin batteries it has.

It takes a very, very lot of pre heat (with new plugs) to make it fire. Once started it smokes constantly, if under load when revved it's like piper alpha. It breathes very heavy out of the crank breather too.

In my moderate mechanical knowledge, id say the rings are shot! I doubt very much a new starter would make much difference to be honest!

As, I'm sure Steve will know too, unfortunately the cost of rebuilding these wee kubota engines is like getting a second mortgage.