Stihl MS241 CM

Taffyscouser

Actually I ran it for a year on an 18 inch bar and it was pretty happy felling sweet chest nut and oak. I swapped to a 14 inch simply because the bigger bar was less handy in tight corners thinning and for bigger stuff I can use a 362. Don't knock the 241 till you've tried it!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a 241 with a 16'' bar coupled with a .325 chain, I bought it to celebrate the birth of my second child last August and I must say both daughter and saw are doing quite well! You can weild this saw all Day no problem, I bought it primarily as a limbing saw and to do all the smaller stuff but I've dropped some 3' plus diameter trees with it no problem. My other saw is a 372 xp with 24'' bar and 3/8'' chain so I really feel the weight difference when I pick the Husky up. A 261 C-M with 18'' bar is next on the list, two more Weeks and she'll be mine. I can't recommend the 241 highly enough, a little hard on the restarts if you run it dry but that's the same with all saws that don't have a primer bulb. Other than that fantastic, go out and get yourself one. You know you want to!

• 2 weeks later...
First point - true. That's why my bar's 14", not 12"! :blushing:

Second point - stupid for me only because it increases the number of chains, bars etc I have to stock! What difference do you see between the 3/8" and the .325"?

Third point - I was surprised to even read of such a bar on the saw.

Cheers,

Jon

With a simple muffler mod on a 14" bar, the 241 will pull 325 with low rakers without a hitch. The advantage 325 has over picco between sharpening is more than worth it for a little loss in speed to me.

• 3 weeks later...
12" is on a 3/8 (picco) sprocket, not .325.

.325 is a stupid kerf for a small saw if you ask me. I agree, 18" would have made it suffer and defeated the object of such power to weight ratio.

16", 325, 7"(ish) unseasoned larch, simple muffler mod and reset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhhyXlodfBI

Next bar will be an 18" Stihl(which is really 16").

Edited by wyk