Any 1 dealt with Glen Farrow wood kilns?

R5log

Will be ordering one in next few week and asked this and they said ofgem aren't interested in planning and u can dry wood in kiln before u put it in burner

Why do you listen to these idiots. They want to sell you a system and will tell you anything so that you sign on the dotted line.

Just read the Ofgem reference I posted earlier. The planning aspect is in vol1 ref 3.8 and 3.9 then decide what to do. Its no skin off my nose either way. Also have a look further down the same document in respect of parasitic load which is in effect what your drying logs to burn logs is. If 50% of your drying load is deemed to be parasitic then you will lose 50% of your RHI income. Rework your figures on that basis and see if they still stack up.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you listen to these idiots. They want to sell you a system and will tell you anything so that you sign on the dotted line.

Just read the Ofgem reference I posted earlier. The planning aspect is in vol1 ref 3.8 and 3.9 then decide what to do. Its no skin off my nose either way. Also have a look further down the same document in respect of parasitic load which is in effect what your drying logs to burn logs is. If 50% of your drying load is deemed to be parasitic then you will lose 50% of your RHI income. Rework your figures on that basis and see if they still stack up.

That does not say planning consent is needed, it says in some circumstances its needed, if your building a boiler house, etc, then it will be needed, that section is about preliminary applications, where they are being asked to approve a scheme in principle before its built.

Edited by skyhuck

That does not say planning consent is needed, it says in some circumstances its needed, if your building a boiler house, etc, then it will be needed, that section is about preliminary applications, where they are being asked to approve a scheme in principle before its built.

I am not splitting hairs its in plain english you need planning consent or proof you dont need planning consent. Either way the council planning office are informed of your application and if in a smoke controlled area the application for a GF boiler should be rejected.

As for getting a scheme prior approved by ofgem thats just good business sense.

Edited by renewablejohn

I am not splitting hairs its in plain english you need planning consent or proof you dont need planning consent. Either way the council planning office are informed of your application and if in a smoke controlled area the application for a GF boiler should be rejected.

As for getting a scheme prior approved by ofgem thats just good business

On the grounds it's in a smoke controlled erea:lol:

John, I think you may be flogging a dead horse on this one - we are both reading from the same page.

When I invest capital in a project, the 1st thing I check out is the legalities. I think is only a matter of time before there is a post on the Forum where someone with a Batch Boiler system encounters the inevitable.

John, I think you may be flogging a dead horse on this one - we are both reading from the same page.

When I invest capital in a project, the 1st thing I check out is the legalities. I think is only a matter of time before there is a post on the Forum where someone with a Batch Boiler system encounters the inevitable.

I am sure your right. Fortunately it wont be me.

With this system forced cool air passes a heat exchanger that operates at around 2-300 degrees C and from there superheated air circulates through the timber.

Much higher operational temperature than a wet system.

Just sticking my nose in here, but are you planning to claim RHI with this setup?