Rabaud F80 log splitter

nathan 338

we have a wood mizer as do many contractors. the timber we are using for firewood is "firewood" quality, low grade cheap knotty stuff. lots of local estates are very interested in purchasing the F80, as they have lots of this size stuff that they have until now found hard to process. I'm not trying to preach that this is the new answer to all your firewood production issues as its not. It can produce a lot of firewood from large timber quick. If thats what your after and you have the timber or can source it then it is a very good option. as processor grade timber gets harder to source, the more diverse the range of machinery able to deal with what's available, the better

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did a homemade splitter based on a few machines similar to this and found that you could stack three 300mm blocks, in rows of three, totaling 9 blocks pressed through at once, if you didnt have a processor the rabaud should handle this very well.

• 7 months later...
just had a demo with this machine and the production of firewood is amazing. fast and easy to operate. with logs upto 800mm in diameter. :thumbup:

It's been a while since you posted this.

Can you say how many of these F80's are now working in the uk?

Did you sell your processor in the end and now just use the F80?

Mortimer said a while ago if I recall - buy graded sub 350mm roundwood for your processor, but in reality getting this delivered with no oversize seems a struggle.

Mortimer said a while ago if I recall - buy graded sub 350mm roundwood for your processor, but in reality getting this delivered with no oversize seems a struggle.

They couldn't even organise a demo after i ordered a load of over size

They couldn't even organise a demo after i ordered a load of over size

I tried to phone without success - just trying to determine if their initial claims panned out and they had indeed sold their processor to replace with the F80.

Maybe Nathan will reply on the Forum soon.

Lots of labour all that crosscutting, loading and a slow machine cycle time does little for productivity with the F80.

Also I am not sure the argument that oversize can be bought at less cost than usual - round these parts they are not keen to grade, just want to load that lorry as quick as possible.

Graded roundwood 150 - 350mm straight is the ultimate - achieving that seems in reality impossible. We are all ending up with half the loads a mixture of bent, undersize or 20" one end 9" the other.

A processor to handle the oversize is prohibited by the cost - so what is the most cost effective solution?

I am thinking - accept paying a hefty premium to be supplied with quality graded timber.

Anyone care to comment?

I tried to phone without success - just trying to determine if their initial claims panned out and they had indeed sold their processor to replace with the F80.

Lots of labour all that crosscutting, loading and a slow machine cycle time does little for productivity with the F80.

Also I am not sure the argument that oversize can be bought at less cost than usual - round these parts they are not keen to grade, just want to load that lorry as quick as possible.

Graded roundwood 150 - 350mm straight is the ultimate - achieving that seems in reality impossible. We are all ending up with half the loads a mixture of bent, undersize or 20" one end 9" the other.

A processor to handle the oversize is prohibited by the cost - so what is the most cost effective solution?

I am thinking - accept paying a hefty premium to be supplied with quality graded timber.

Anyone care to comment?

Softwood :sneaky2:

Has anyone heard if Nathan at Home Forestry is now using the Rabaud F80 insted of his processor?

Anyone care to comment?

I get loads with ruff wood in but i know its coming as i take the ruff with the smooth. theres 100 t in the corner that i just can't face tackling. But the rest is going to glide through the processor. Lots of hardwood around thats been down a while i know one forestry contractor with 10000 ton roadside ranging from green to 18 months old. Somes going in the chip market the rest firewood firewood markets going to change in the next 12 months mark my words