110 cherry picker

Joel77

Last year a 110 cherry picker come up cheep so brought and started using straght away but she looked a bit tired, and was very slow on the rd was a real struggle to get over. 30mph so in went a 200tdi new clutch, cam belt, rad, fan, oil & filters, and power steering, what a diffrance

Then a set off insa turbo spiecal track tyres new nas style lights winch bumper and a full repaint, it's nearly finished now just last few bits left to do is remake the cage that protects the cab, a few beacons & spot lights on cage & some nice 3M chevrons

I'll try to upload some pics of progress so far

image.jpg.c9b83d9b91e3e2548aa1a9ab2426efe1.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year a 110 cherry picker come up cheep so brought and started using straght away but she looked a bit tired, and was very slow on the rd was a real struggle to get over. 30mph so in went a 200tdi new clutch, cam belt, rad, fan, oil & filters, and power steering, what a diffrance

Then a set off insa turbo spiecal track tyres new nas style lights winch bumper and a full repaint, it's nearly finished now just last few bits left to do is remake the cage that protects the cab, a few beacons & spot lights on cage & some nice 3M chevrons

I'll try to upload some pics of progress so far

HI JOE JON on here has one thanks jon :thumbup:

We caged ours in right up to the front bumper, its a handy lower platform for hedges etc as well as protection. There is also a lug on the cage that the cherry picker lower boom locates in which keeps it all tight when transporting

Bob

moretrucks007_zpsb981f178.jpg

That's what I want to do with mine as soon as I get time bob along with rear and corner windows guards..

Looks nice Joel, handy that they can tow as often you end up taking two vehicles to site anyway but now you have the bones that 1 has a cherrypicker on it. Even it you can't reach the whole tree at least you can deal with the heavy trunk section without the need for painful time on spikes.

1413223561459.jpg.fa3b62f1e5fc4054623f4b8c6af22e8f.jpg

1413223518410.jpg.ffa6de076d593c311cd9562424dccad0.jpg

1413223492693.jpg.bf861cb0215adb3c7662b9dd07b943d0.jpg

That's what I want to do with mine as soon as I get time bob along with rear and corner windows guards..

Looks nice Joel, handy that they can tow as often you end up taking two vehicles to site anyway but now you have the bones that 1 has a cherrypicker on it. Even it you can't reach the whole tree at least you can deal with the heavy trunk section without the need for painful time on spikes.

HI JOHN nice LR there mate how high will cherry picker go mate thanks jon :thumbup:

I suppose now that we have hijacked Joels thread we might as well carry on :blushing: Thats a mother of a lift for a landy Gray :thumbup1:

On the back of ours we fitted a 6 ton hydraulic winch betwwen the chassis rails with spades that run off a diverter valve from the picker hydraulics. Also fitted a pull out drawbar, it comes out about 3 feet. It all gets a bit heavy and the old landy engine used to struggle a bit so we fitted 3.5 litre nissan patrol engine in it. All up its about 2.8 tons

Bob

raycochipper005_zpsfe336c0a.jpg

Edited by aspenarb