110 cherry picker

Joel77

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had something similar on pto chipper, usually called cavitating/cavitation, look it up on tinternet for full explanation. Normally caused by blockage, leak somewhere or even low oil level. As the pump tries to pick the oil up it froths up what little it can get thus increasing the volume and out it bubbles. Hope this makes sense!

Just had lola cert done on mine thismorning, 1st 1 since getting her and no problems thankfully.

Do you know what the history of this 1 was as it's quite unusual with the donkey and welder behind the cab. Must be pushing 3.5ton with all that lot as mine is 3.19ton as she sits without gear on board.

whats the cost of a Loler cert? We have an old series Landy with a 9m platform on, large hydraulic winch on the front with anchors (very similiar to Apens) and quick attachmnt points for hydraulic tools. It gets used twice a year for some very high leyland hedges. I know I should get it tested but is this a legal requirement for an owner user? Also would it pass as there are no safety switches,meaning legs can be raised/lowered without the boom home and vice versa.

Cost me £275 for inspection and cert, not sure on legal requirements of it but do know I need it to be covered by my insurance both public /employees and machine specific.

No it wouldn't pass if legs can be raised without the boom being fully stowed in transport position as that's quite an important safety feature to avoid someone lifting them while your up in the air and toppling the whole thing over.

Shouldn't cost too much for some simple relay switches to be fitted to a valve in the leg hydraulics to make it ok.