Selling Timber

A quick update, I asked the agent to honour the deal I had in writing (albeit in a text) or give me his company complaints procedure and a few days later I receive an email stating that they will honour the deal and pay the amount in full. Good result, although a shame it had to go this way.

• 2 weeks later...
I am shocked that the agent, employed by a reputable company, would behave in this way. I would certainly write a formal letter to the MD expressing your concerns at this mans shabby and underhand behaviour.

codlasher

Sounds to me the " agent " is trying to skim a bit more than his agreed percentage .

Sounds to me the " agent " is trying to skim a bit more than his agreed percentage .

Do you think this often happens? I know it used to when prices were on the make or break in the 1980's. Keeping a tally was most important else load weights slipped downwards:mad1:

codlasher

Do you think this often happens? I know it used to when prices were on the make or break in the 1980's. Keeping a tally was most important else load weights slipped downwards:mad1:

codlasher

They are all trying to pull your pants down, we gave up on roadside timber sales and now run it in ourselves. The supplied weight ticket is what we get paid for and that is that. Capped loads, quality issues, cut length and diameters all seem to affect roadside prices but when you run it in yourself there miraculously seems to be no problems at all.:thumbdown:

Bob

I like your answer Bob! I'm glad you managed to work your way around this.

I know there were problems with motor manual produce as I had to chase up lengths too, plus buttresses going into the stacks creating odd sizes. Mechanical harvesting simply passed the buttresses dilemma on by leaving them in place, where they were then a pia! The way round this was to have a cutter (Stubby:001_tongue:) working ahead of the machine 'legging in'. Or they were cut off on the 'reset' button and the mushroom carvers were then happy folk.

I only sold through Tillhill and later through Euroforest with the occasional small load going into the boat-buiulding world, be it oak framing or larch/douglas cladding material.

codlasher