Is it worth buying a pto saw bench?

Hotrod81

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the sane situation just trying to do my research I haven't used one but I like the idea of the cradle on the oxdale thus being able to cut more than one at once opposed to the Riko one that looks like you can only put one bit in at a time. Oh also watch riko stuff they charge extra for PTO shaft and probably wheels too

The price they gave me included the PTO shaft and the wheels come as standard.

My Balfor saw bench from Riko feels strong enough. I think the advantage of the Balfor not having a full enclosed cradle like the Oxdale is you can put larger timber through. It can cut through a 12" log in one pass.

I put the loader tractor with bucket on next to the saw bench so the logs drop straight in then tip them next to my log splitter

Riko one that looks like you can only put one bit in at a time. Oh also watch riko stuff they charge extra for PTO shaft and probably wheels too

Nothing stopping you putting multiple bits through at once, and we also offer a gripping handle which helps pin them down as you cut!

The saw also comes standard with rollers in the trough and also on the log support making it easier to slide the log across for the next cut.

We dont include the PTO shaft in the base price as some people dont want it, but let us know if you do and we can price it with it included.

Wheels and handles come as standard on all the saws (PTO model included!)

Picture showing a standard PTO saw, and also a petrol one with the gripping handle (also can be fitted to the PTO model)

IMGP0459.jpg.83a6b9256363cb1ada39c153df815eb1.jpg

59766b1750ede_700CSCUK.jpg.50b70197086f2dec88dc472c37c56fa7.jpg

Nothing stopping you putting multiple bits through at once, and we also offer a gripping handle which helps pin them down as you cut!

The saw also comes standard with rollers in the trough and also on the log support making it easier to slide the log across for the next cut.

We dont include the PTO shaft in the base price as some people dont want it, but let us know if you do and we can price it with it included.

Wheels and handles come as standard on all the saws (PTO model included!)

Picture showing a standard PTO saw, and also a petrol one with the gripping handle (also can be fitted to the PTO model)

I got a price for one a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking that the riko saw is probably the best one but toying with the idea of the HP Eagle as it is not much more money. Will have to decide when I get back from Holiday!