Mini digger towball

SteveA

No reason it even needs to be proud of the blade. You could plasma out a square in the blade and stick the socket behind it. Have a blanking plate that fits into it for when your digging to save it getting packed with earth.

Mine was stuck on in a hurry with two M12 bolts :blushing:

It did sterling service yesterday carting gravel for a soakaway.

Hard to explain without a diagram, but Doobin has got it. You cut a square hole in your blade for the box to fit through and ensure its shaped and welded to be a completely flush profile with the rest of the blade.

No catching anything with the bucket, and certainly nothing that could contact anything else on the machine.

A blanking plug could be fabricated, but little need in reality as the hitch and box will be easy to.push through a bit of muck in there.

Eddie.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're better off with a large twist bit than that rubbish.

These, however, are the absolute mutts nuts and stupidly cheap.

METALWORKING TUNGSTEN CARBIDE TIPPED T.C.T HOLE SAW 16-65MM WOOD METAL ALLOYS | eBay

I can drill a hole in 5mm plate in a couple of minutes with my Makita battery drill.

these are excellent saws i have a couple of the reca ones but they are getting chipped a bit now i can see a few purchases happening i didn't think you could get them that cheap

METALWORKING TUNGSTEN CARBIDE TIPPED T.C.T HOLE SAW 16-65MM WOOD METAL ALLOYS | eBay

I can drill a hole in 5mm plate in a couple of minutes with my Makita battery drill.

Excellent, thanks Doobin. Just need to find a 16mm one in stock. Seems too many people have read this post and ordered! :thumbup:

I wonder what sort of undue strain you put on a mini diggers track motors by towing, anyone know? I probably tow up to 1.5-2t with my 3 tonner, used to tow about a ton with the TB016, you could hear the hydraulic pump groaning a bit more than just doing regular operations, so I do try to minimize the strain when towing.

Not sure? If it's on flat ground then I think it's just a case of how much the dozer blade can lift.... which from my experience of carrying wet soil is a surprising amount! :001_smile:

these are excellent saws i have a couple of the reca ones but they are getting chipped a bit now i can see a few purchases happening i didn't think you could get them that cheap

They seem to last well. I couldn't be more happy with mine. I've done about twenty holes with the 30mm one and it looks like new.

Blimey - calling a Starrett tool rubbish? I bet the Yanks have a carrier en route as we speak :biggrin:

Seriously, Starrett make some of the best tooling you can buy - they're in the top drawer.