Mini digger towball

SteveA

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two pieces of flat (see my post above) would be easier to clean than box especially if you have done some pushing with the blade. Solid square would be fine if you can find or make a good fitting socket.

Sorry mate but I don't understand what you're explaining? :001_huh: Any chance you can draw a doodle of it?

However it works it needs to consist of a 50mm tow ball.

Cheers, steve

Cheers Eddie, thankyou, great idea. Unfortunately there is very little room between the back of the dozer blade and the cab. Pretty sure when rotating the cab the engine compartment would knock into the receiver hitch box section.

Cheers, Steve

No reason it even needs to be proud of the blade. You could plasma out a square in the blade and stick the socket behind it. Have a blanking plate that fits into it for when your digging to save it getting packed with earth.

Mine was stuck on in a hurry with two M12 bolts :blushing:

It did sterling service yesterday carting gravel for a soakaway.

No reason it even needs to be proud of the blade. You could plasma out a square in the blade and stick the socket behind it. Have a blanking plate that fits into it for when your digging to save it getting packed with earth.

Mine was stuck on in a hurry with two M12 bolts :blushing:

It did sterling service yesterday carting gravel for a soakaway.

Cheers, good idea. However, have decided to keep it simple.... drill two holes with the cordless drill. Haven't got access to a plasma cutter or welder or mains electricity so going for the simplest option. :laugh1:

Probably get one of these.... rated 1500kg on the ball and 3000kg on the pin: image.jpg.987c2d491e24a374e0053abfb0761f8f.jpg

Edited by SteveA

If you are using a cordless, then go for the hole cutter/tank cutter type of drill, keep it slow (80 feet per second) and cool with wd40, should go through with a coupe of good batteries.

(What I meant to say was the cutter that looks like a hacksaw in a circle)

Ah yes, good call. I usually use standard drill bits but guess this is what you mean:

image.jpg.2420b885c222e7e4f06bc118398e979f.jpg

Ah yes, good call. I usually use standard drill bits but guess this is what you mean:

[ATTACH]165009[/ATTACH]

You can get cutting oil in a spray can, better than WD 40 if you are drilling.

As an engineer I approve of what you are going to do. By keeping it simple and mounting direct it will be the strongest solution

Edited by cornish wood burner

[ATTACH]165009[/ATTACH]

You're better off with a large twist bit than that rubbish.

These, however, are the absolute mutts nuts and stupidly cheap.

METALWORKING TUNGSTEN CARBIDE TIPPED T.C.T HOLE SAW 16-65MM WOOD METAL ALLOYS | eBay

I can drill a hole in 5mm plate in a couple of minutes with my Makita battery drill.

Edited by doobin

Yes, I'm ashamed to admit, in my haste to bolt my tow ball on, I knackered a 16mm drillbit in the process, it started off quite quick (it was a brand new bit) by the second hole it was painfully slow- in fact I drained a battery on one hole! I think keeping it cool is probably the trick?

You were probably drilling far too fast.

When using a battery drill be careful to keep it straight too, as soon as you loose the edge at the outer part of the drill (chipping it on the side of the hole), the rest will soon be buggered also.

Diesel and oil in a spray can is a reasonable cutting fluid for basic tasks as being discussed here.