Cull stalking

Highland Forestry

25/06 is an excellent open country Caliber.I used to have to make brass for mine from 270 cases as new brass was super expensive in New Zealand.

You are a bit limited in bullet weight for the 25,130grn was the heaviest that I could find.Its not the "all round" Cartridge that the 270 is,but I can shoot it all day long,somthing I am reluctant to do with a 150grns out of a 270!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was given 100 HV bullets last year to shoot at rabbits on a local estate.... hated them and doubt i'll ever use them again.... most of the bullets went straight through on impact and I found allot of the rabbits got away with a hole through them or would run for a good distance and then drop.

I use winchester subs, and CCI subs before that, I think the winchesters would take alot of beating IMO.

weve been using cci supers with copper hollow tip and winchester yellow jacket with hollow point, they seem to do the job, didnt have any run away like and most were head shot. it may be our shooting is crap and the extra speed and power of the hypers is just what we needed :001_tongue: im still learning about shooting but having shot with subs and hypers i prefer the hypers. cant remember which subs we use but there in a blue and black box ?

open to sugestions on other bullets from the more experienced like :001_smile:

always used eley .22 subsonic hollow point, i have found it groups the best in all the .22's ive every used, only downside is its a bit soft for cycling my remi semi auto, will not cycle about one round in 15. its also the quietest .22 sub available

25/06 is an excellent open country Caliber.I used to have to make brass for mine from 270 cases as new brass was super expensive in New Zealand.

You are a bit limited in bullet weight for the 25,130grn was the heaviest that I could find.Its not the "all round" Cartridge that the 270 is,but I can shoot it all day long,somthing I am reluctant to do with a 150grns out of a 270!

I have saved all my brass from the ammo i have bought so i have a good supply of wincherster supreme brass now.

I had a few boxes of 75grn ammo and found it didnt stabilise properly, you could see where the bullet was going trough the target sideways on, but 115-117's seem perfect, the stabilisation is probably due to me have the barrell shortened so the round only has two rotations to stablise as the barrell is only 20" long, just the right length so the T8 finishes about half an inch infrount of the stock :001_cool:

Edited by Charlieh

Going off topic slightly, will a moderator make any difference to noise on a spring powered air rifle?

Tha moderator will reduse the muzzle crack, you probably won't notice much different but it will make a difference down range.

How many of you guys home load? Im currently re-loading 52g A-max with H380 powder for the .22-250 they are spot on for foxs and crows. Using 85g V-max with H4895 in the .243 for roes. Ive got some 50g Molly coated to save the barrel on the .22-250. Anyone had any experience with these?