tipping logs from a Ranger

slippymurphy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can and i do use the load handler with my ranger with the arb top in place.Just set up the other way round to fitting instructions so you wind from drivers side you do need someone to hold the tailgate down when you first start winding as the tie down straps are the wrong way up. There proberly is someway of stopping it from lifting but not looked in to that yet.By setting it up this way it means that i can keep it all in place and still keep the tailgate shut or as someone else said unclip it and put it inside the truck .

The loadhandler is a great bit of kit, I can unload my single cab hilux in about 20 seconds

Nice one is this your main workhorse ? I am currently down sizing and selling my landy tipper . Although keeping my crew cab l200 which tows our trailer . I have access to a large site were we can burn whenever we want .So at the moment we tend to just fill the trailer and tip at the burn site once full . Still chipping just not as much as before . Wondered if this system was any good for getting chip out ? Thanks Paul

Yeah works fine with chip still gets stuck behind wheel arches some people block them off to stop this also gets stuck if crammed in to tight to truck man etc top

If you look at my pic a few posts back I have overcome the problem of logs etc getting caught behind the wheelarches. I did think of converting my hilux to a tipper , but as I only do about 80 loads in the winter and fencing the rest of the year the loadhandler £180 was a perfect solution.

Got that right Steve they are great bits of kit.Small price to pay if it makes it easier sure does that a.Cant believe the weight that i pull out with it.I think they also got good spares backup to.Im sure mine was a bit cheaper than that or did you get the larger one.

Edited by 54gka

Hi, we deliver our logs on a ranger too, we deliver in dumpy bags. I deliver and drag a dumpy bag off on my own. The handy thing with the ranger is we can generally back right down a drive way or access of some sort and drop the logs close for the customer rather in a heap at the end of the drive.