Morality? Conscience? Opinion? Just refused to quote for work as follows:

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speed cams do not promote road safety, they make people brake harder near them and don't take into account non insured drivers, drunks, drug drivers etc etc, have more coppers on the roads, they can tell the differance between a pissed driver and someone going 5mph over the limit.

Totally agree, flood the roads with traffic cops that can decide on the given circumstance.

I personally think driving standards are absolutely horrendous, speeding is not just an occasional thing, it's pandemic, the odd person speeding is a thing of the past, EVERYONE speeds ALL the time, simply because the risk of getting caught is very slim

Do an experiment on the motorway, do 70mph and count how many cars you overtake, not including lorries. I did it last year on a 30 mile stretch and I overtook about 7 whilst I was overtaken by hundreds.

I also travelled from Leeds to Maidstone last year looking out for police vehicles as I went, I got all the way to Maidstone without seeing one traffic car and all the way back just seeing one

Not indicating on roundabouts, is my pet hate

Totally agree, flood the roads with traffic cops that can decide on the given circumstance.

I personally think driving standards are absolutely horrendous, speeding is not just an occasional thing, it's pandemic, the odd person speeding is a thing of the past, EVERYONE speeds ALL the time, simply because the risk of getting caught is very slim

Do an experiment on the motorway, do 70mph and count how many cars you overtake, not including lorries. I did it last year on a 30 mile stretch and I overtook about 7 whilst I was overtaken by hundreds.

I also travelled from Leeds to Maidstone last year looking out for police vehicles as I went, I got all the way to Maidstone without seeing one traffic car and all the way back just seeing one

Spot on, it's just so easy to speed in moden vehicles, not indicating get my goat aswell, think it's cos we ride bikes Dean, you see so much bad driving when on the bike.

Very true!!

Also people driving defective vehicles :mad1: like goosed handbrake's! :sneaky2:

.:001_tongue:

Speeding doesn't kill anybody, it's the stopping very very quickly that tends to do that!!

In all seriousness, it's bad driving, people not looking further ahead than the back bumper of the car in front, being drunk / off their face whilst driving, yapping on their phones, texting etc - They all contribute to more accidents than simply driving a few miles an hour over the speed limit.

Granted, a combination of the above, with speeding is a recipe for disaster.

An example, if I may, you tell me what's more dangerous, sitting at 85mph on an empty motorway at 3am (illegal) or driving past a primary school at 30mph, whilst having an argument with someone on the phone via your bluetooth headset (perfectly legal).

Would all the Anti-Speeding brigade prefer if Emergency Service vehicles religiously stuck to speed limits?

Ah, nowt like a good rant before lunch! :)

Look at the Autobahn, in the sections where there is no speed limit, its the tail gating drivers who cause the accidents. Look at the Isle of Man, theres no speed limit over the mountain, outhwith the TT fortnight, theres not many people killed. With modern road surfaces, brakes, tyres, suspension etc, the laws should be revised any way.