Disco 3 & 4

Daniel Jiggins

HI DAN i would not buy a D3 there out of warranty from land rover why i sold my HSE one the vw is far better truck more power just better made but that just me you have to take one out this vw a 62 plate thanks jon :thumbup:

Hi Jon. My uncle had a friend who had always had Range Rovers, replaced them every two years with a new one. A year or so ago, his latest was in for a service at LR and the only courtesy car they had available was a VW Toureg so he took that. The garage rang and said a number of faults needed sorting which were not covered by warranty. His reply - keep the damn thing, I'm sick off them!! I'm buying this VW, it's great!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jon. My uncle had a friend who had always had Range Rovers, replaced them every two years with a new one. A year or so ago, his latest was in for a service at LR and the only courtesy car they had available was a VW Toureg so he took that. The garage rang and said a number of faults needed sorting which were not covered by warranty. His reply - keep the damn thing, I'm sick off them!! I'm buying this VW, it's great!!!

HI ROVER there you go mate BUT LR do not like giving out trucks like AUDI/VW as i ask for one years they said no way this was at a large dealers VW/AUDI are good rover thanks jon :thumbup:

D4 best car I ever drove worst car I ever owned. Apparently mine has been a good one . I wish the bills came in £1000 chunks on mine more like 2-3 k bills. I don't think they make Friday afternoon cars they are all suffering the same faults. I won't bore u anymore an enthusiasts vehicle and a total money pit but great to drive especially the 245 bhp just need a trailer to collect the bits of transmission that fall off. As soon As I find something suitable ours will be going while it still drives.

I should have kept my mouth shut started it today and compressor playing up sounds like its seizeing up and messages on the dash about normal ride height only. Here we go again.

I should have kept my mouth shut started it today and compressor playing up sounds like its seizeing up and messages on the dash about normal ride height only. Here we go again.

Hi Steve I was talking to land rover dealer over the weekend at a show and they said early 3)4 wear no good and that's a dealer total joke if you ask me thanks Jon

Get it booked in soon Steve. It's likely to pack in altogether in a day or two.

Once it fails fully you'll be left with the car on it's access height setting and won't be able to drive to garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Thanks for the advice its booked on the ferry to ireland in a couple of weeks and its supposed to be all over Scotland next week. I noticed the front tyres are nearly on the limit on the front again. 12,000 miles since changed at christmas. The td5 did 60k and 5 years on a set of tyres.

Thanks for the advice its booked on the ferry to ireland in a couple of weeks and its supposed to be all over Scotland next week. I noticed the front tyres are nearly on the limit on the front again. 12,000 miles since changed at christmas. The td5 did 60k and 5 years on a set of tyres.

Hi Steve why are the tyres only doing 12 k miles mate what tyres do you fit our d3 was good on tyres thanks Jon

Hi Steve I was talking to land rover dealer over the weekend at a show and they said early 3)4 wear no good and that's a dealer total joke if you ask me thanks Jon

They always say that Jon. The 300 tdi was supposed to be better than the 200. this years model is a big improvement over last sir, sign here. :biggrin: I used to be a compulsive fan of Landrover this disco 4 has completely cured me. Took my Amazon around west Wales last week and said to the wife wish we had the disco it would be a more rewarding drive she fell about laughing and said it would never make it there and back :001_rolleyes: she is the grim reaper of Landrovers.

Hi Steve why are the tyres only doing 12 k miles mate what tyres do you fit our d3 was good on tyres thanks Jon

Pirelli Zeros nice drive but only 8mm of tread when new. £180 ea Only a few tyres made in 19 inch that suit the car. Towing with 245 hp does not help especially if you enjoy the drive after the trailer is dropped off.