me dealing with depression

predator

Stop feeling like a weak person your not! My wife suffers and the hardest thing for her is talking as she feels weak too!

Try to keep talking about it. Try not to bottle it up I know that's hard.all the best Richard

yes i have children/adults now but put a brave face on when my youngest daughter visits she's 22 y/o others have moved away now all grown up etc and wont bog them down with my demons etc >>> there is only yourselves i've told some my deepest thoughts not all because it brings too much pain back to the surface i feel like a weak person telling you all this stuff

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's rally hard to give advice on things like depression men don't like talking about it. Use to find myself telling the barmaid in the pub more than my missus funnily enough she now is my mrs.

Up until last October I thought i had been to some dark places with loosing a baby and attending many funerals of lads that went before there time.

Then bang my boy had his accident you a motion go numb when you see little kids on deaths door or even through it.

I use to suffer from depression but in the last 6 months I've learned to put it to one side and be thankfully for my health and that my boy although disabled is happy.

Medication for some will work it will take time to find the right one and the right dose. Better to find what the cause is and deal with that if possible.

I wear my hart on my sleeve and don't really care what otters think so it bothers me very little if people judge me for posting on this topic.

If you do 20 to 30 minutes meditation a day it will help greatly. They are now just proving with brain scans the effect it has and the plasticity of the brain and how it changes, the parts which make you happy and calm grow, and the parts which cause anxiety and depression shrink.

Here's a little vid to get you started. Don't worry about the bit at the end where he recommends the course, I think he's just covering his back as he's basically just told you how to do it!

This will work quite quickly if you do it. It won't work at all if you don't! I sometimes help out on a meditation course where 90 people come for 12 weeks and the change in them after just a few weeks is amazing 👍

A physical injury is easy for people to see and make allowance for - if your arm is in a sling people can see you're not operating at 100% and understand why. Similar for the person affected - it's broken but on the mend, 8 weeks time it'll be fine again. And it's not seen as a "weakness" but as an injury.

Emotional turmoil is another game altogether. You can't always see it coming, you can't necessarily see a physical manifestation, you don't know how long it'll last and you may not know how to fix it. But just like a broken arm, it's potentially just around the next corner for any one of us.

It takes real strength of character to talk about it and confront it. Anyone who doesn't understand the issues is simply demonstrating their ignorance.

If you do 20 to 30 minutes meditation a day it will help greatly. They are now just proving with brain scans the effect it has and the plasticity of the brain and how it changes, the parts which make you happy and calm grow, and the parts which cause anxiety and depression shrink.

Here's a little vid to get you started. Don't worry about the bit at the end where he recommends the course, I think he's just covering his back as he's basically just told you how to do it!

This will work quite quickly if you do it. It won't work at all if you don't! I sometimes help out on a meditation course where 90 people come for 12 weeks and the change in them after just a few weeks is amazing 👍

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

That's a really, really, interesting video.

Thank you.

Most depression is formed from bad diet/inputs.

The body is a complex electro chemical soup and modern foods, including grains, fake sugars, chemical salts, fluorides etc are are bound to screw with the brain. Then chuck in electronic gadget addiction on top and you are on a hiding to nothing.

Get primal man, be the caveman again and feel a million years younger, it worked for me!

Mark's Daily Apple

That's a really, really, interesting video.

Thank you.

No worries 👍

The great thing is that even if you believe yourself to have no problems it'd still be highly beneficial, and the bliss of no thought is quite incredible 😀