Which saws do you prefer in the woods??

jnoon

Find it hard to believe they only allow two hours: if it's under warranty it's fix or replace ( manufacturer's responsibility ). We have had two 550 cranks go same day ( under 6mths old ), 20mth old 560 crank n engine casing ( the new one has an extra internal bolt to improve seal ), one of 550 then had pot n piston failure ( at 18mths old ) all fixed no quarrel from husky. The only problem dealer had was our sarky comments. As an aside I've been told a lot of the running problems with the auto tune saws is because they are tested/run up on Aspen then tight arses like me put normal fuel in and they don't like it (want to run on Aspen but we use over 25lt a day on forestry jobs and I'm finding it hard to justify another increase in rates! )

Gone on more than I meant to but anyone agree? : )

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our supplier, Angus Chainsaws, provide excellent service. Often they will pick up the bit of kit, and return it in good time, if they can`t do the fix on site. Sometimes there may be a slight delay whilst they check with Stihl if the saw etc is still under warranty but it only ever adds a day or two.

As for the thread title- I use the 441 with 20" bar for the bulk of the work I do, just prefer the extra power and bar length. As a note, I prefer the oregon chains as I`ve had several stihl chains let go on me.

Find it hard to believe they only allow two hours: if it's under warranty it's fix or replace ( manufacturer's responsibility ). We have had two 550 cranks go same day ( under 6mths old ), 20mth old 560 crank n engine casing ( the new one has an extra internal bolt to improve seal ), one of 550 then had pot n piston failure ( at 18mths old ) all fixed no quarrel from husky. The only problem dealer had was our sarky comments. As an aside I've been told a lot of the running problems with the auto tune saws is because they are tested/run up on Aspen then tight arses like me put normal fuel in and they don't like it (want to run on Aspen but we use over 25lt a day on forestry jobs and I'm finding it hard to justify another increase in rates! )

Gone on more than I meant to but anyone agree? : )

I care not if it takes them 2 hours or 22,got my 550 and 560 back,550 snapped the crank in 3 minutes,560 rattled like nails in a washing machine.I've had a 'sincere' apology and expect replacement saws very soon,how can you be a husky dealer and not even have the autotune plug in box? no vac test/pressure test etc etc I'm guessing.i'm a complete dinosaur but even I move with the times

I care not if it takes them 2 hours or 22,got my 550 and 560 back,550 snapped the crank in 3 minutes,560 rattled like nails in a washing machine.I've had a 'sincere' apology and expect replacement saws very soon,how can you be a husky dealer and not even have the autotune plug in box? no vac test/pressure test etc etc I'm guessing.i'm a complete dinosaur but even I move with the times

They sound like another pseudo dealer jumpin on the woody wagon, our dealer Rouse Power are really good

Thats good news Josh, glad it worked out. The 346XP looks sweet:thumbup::thumbup:

Spud took them 6 1/2 weeks, when it's run I'm might be up to you for a tweak, ( when warranty runs out) chap I was with today wants his 390 ported, can you do much with them?? Good gains??

so the 346 is still my favourite saw by far thanks, 👍ImageUploadedByArbtalk1408745373.966472.jpg.8584aed6eca835fbd80ad9e14a0a6e55.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

The auto tune plug-in is damn expensive, £400ish last time I priced it up, although the pressure/vac tester is inexcusable

The auto tune plug-in is damn expensive, £400ish last time I priced it up, although the pressure/vac tester is inexcusable

Is a main dealer authorised to do this warranty work by husky without this equipment??!!