Had ago in this today

dexta

I had a go in this today it's suppose to be capable of doing 800 trees a day. What a awesome machine it's got loads of buttons to press ,a computer and even got a mouse. Don't think I could get full capacity out of it yet:thumbup:

HI DEXTA that looks a great bit of kit well done mate :thumbup1:jon :thumbup:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I was planting up a five acre bracken covered bank

I wanted to plant a holly orchard

Stupidly I went for a grant

Turned down holly on grounds it would be monoculture

So they planted five acres of rubbish that will always be worthless

We call it " the worthless wood "

Last time anyone talks me out of my ideas .......

Thats the only good to come out of it - a long thin five acres would have been fantastic cover for woodcock etc

As above, the focus on native broadleaf planting is not only exacerbating the decline in conifer planting, it is also going to add to the huge proportion of unmanaged broadleaved forest in the UK. This is for the simple reason that there is no economic basis for growing most of the hardwood forests, and it is the softwoods thats are managed because their economic output justifies the management input. This simple equation is still lost on all those charities and NGO's who drive the planting of yet more grey squirrel fodder.