TW 125 chip blowback

deezyboy

Sorry pressed wrong button!

I am chipping too close but I hate taking the machine off the truck and just relying on a couple logs to keep the machine still as devon is quite a hilly area!

Have emailed the netting company explaining my situation and am awaiting a reply for what they think would suit me best.

Cheers!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to zoom in on your tow bar, I think your chipper is too close to your truck due to you may have the wrong tow bar mount. Land rover make an extension, it's like a square box about a foot square with holes cut out. Hope that makes sense?

Tried to zoom in on your tow bar, I think your chipper is too close to your truck due to you may have the wrong tow bar mount. Land rover make an extension, it's like a square box about a foot square with holes cut out. Hope that makes sense?

That's the way to go, a net will stop big stuff but it will let all the dust out and still make a mess, particularly on your truck.

Nets aren't all that durable where wood chip is concerned

That's the way to go, a net will stop big stuff but it will let all the dust out and still make a mess, particularly on your truck.

Nets aren't all that durable where wood chip is concerned

Yea, this is it on mineImageUploadedByArbtalk1406879129.903763.jpg.0e710ad8bb6db8c98c64c4eb0ddab159.jpg

Havent had time to look in to the black box for the towing hitch, looks like it could grind out easily on slopes?

Our old trampoline disintegrated recently and so I pikied the bed off that and had a go this afternoon at creating mark 1 roof/lid/curtain thing, certainly worked just need to fine tune it a tad!

trampchip.jpg.cdc01a25dd00ae2948d2a88bc6278c4e.jpg

Yeah not sure you want to block your view of discharge chute....

I've got the same set up but have a heavy duty tarp bungeed over top of chip box , works a treat. Not much dust comes out at all. Only issue is when it rains and I forget to either unclip the tarp or stick a branch in to prevent pooling water on top. Have nearly soaked a pedestrian when pulling out my drive and about 10litres of rain water cascaded over side of landy!!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Go to the local truck cover or trailer/truck repair company, they have to dispose of old curtainsider curtains etc. I have got 44ft curtains with one little gash in for £20. Cut the bit you want off and have the rest on stock for replacement or other uses.

Only when it gets really full, but certainly nothing to worry about. Takes all of 2 mins with a rake and a blower to tidy up. When my tarp finally gives up the ghost I'll prob look to replace with skip net, but that's more to deal with water issue rather than blowback

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App