Forst 8" Chipper

Essex arborist

Very easy to be disappointed with something that has several defects from day 1 a couple of those meaning the chipper was not fit to be used in my opinion. After the delivery date being pushed back constantly after paying for the machine i decided the best option for myself was to return the chipper for a refund rather than wait another 2 weeks for a replacement chipper to become available.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very easy to be disappointed with something that has several defects from day 1 a couple of those meaning the chipper was not fit to be used in my opinion. After the delivery date being pushed back constantly after paying for the machine i decided the best option for myself was to return the chipper for a refund rather than wait another 2 weeks for a replacement chipper to become available.

would you care to tell us what the defects were ,so others can look out for them

would you care to tell us what the defects were ,so others can look out for them

The hydraulic tank leaked in 2 separate places on delivery. The second leak only became apparent after the 1st was patched up as a temporary measure & filled with hydraulic oil again. The other defects were not such an issue & were going to be sorted in due course.

A leaking/faulty tank on a newly designed machine is unfortunate but teething issues like these are to be expected if you are an early adopter. I can't imagine there are enough machines out there for any real-life defects to raise their heads and subsequently give the manufacturers the chance to alter/improve the design. If you have had short shrift from the supplier then fair enough, but it sounds like a bit of an unfortunate situation to me. Just be careful you don't cut your nose off to spite your face here. However, reading between the lines I wouldn't be surprised if you have seen other competitor's machines and used the teething issues as a convenient get out....

A leaking/faulty tank on a newly designed machine is unfortunate but teething issues like these are to be expected if you are an early adopter. I can't imagine there are enough machines out there for any real-life defects to raise their heads and subsequently give the manufacturers the chance to alter/improve the design. If you have had short shrift from the supplier then fair enough, but it sounds like a bit of an unfortunate situation to me. Just be careful you don't cut your nose off to spite your face here. However, reading between the lines I wouldn't be surprised if you have seen other competitor's machines and used the teething issues as a convenient get out....

:001_rolleyes::biggrin:

You couldn't be further off of the mark, a convenient get out for what exactly?? I was really impressed with the ST8 after i demo'd it hence why i ordered & paid for it. Im not saying i would not deal with redwoods again or that i would not buy another in the future. Why would anyone buy a machine because the competition has one? Surely you would want something better than your competition!

I was talking about Forst's competitors, not yours. A quick mooch around the APF probably opened a few people's eyes to the fact that Forst aren't without serious competition from a number of directions. Not giving a manufacturer the chance to rectify a defect on a brand new to the market machine seems a bit short sighted unless there is more to the story IMO.

The hydraulic tank leaked in 2 separate places on delivery. The second leak only became apparent after the 1st was patched up as a temporary measure & filled with hydraulic oil again. The other defects were not such an issue & were going to be sorted in due course.

Already said what the issues were