Got myself a PTO chipper

njc110381

That TP is lovely but I can't justify spending the money yet. It's early days for my setup and that sort of outlay is too high for the use I have for it. I think the price may be justified by the seller not looking ideal and the machine not being a popular in the UK make. And going by the guy's text he's either British or very good at writing like a local. I do intend to push things quite a long way before parting with my money.

He said it's on his father's farm in Mull. Going by his age when I checked his details that would put his father at an age of around about time to pack up hard work. When I speak to the seller I'm going to want his father's name and address, and will then contact him through a number I find for him rather than the one I'm given. May even speak to the farm next door which will sound a little weird but most folk will be happy to oblige to help a genuine and decent neighbour.

The new account and registered contact number not being the one he text from is still very dodgy, so I can't see my cash leaving me until this guy has really made it clear that he's ok. That may well annoy him hugely and if he is a genuine seller I'm going to feel pretty bad for it, but he is new and he looks risky so he's going to have to just deal with the grief or sell it to someone else. Again, most genuine folk would understand that. I know I would.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil, it sounds like a scam mate, if it's at his fathers farm in mull get the seller to get his father to take a picture of it with today's mulls newspaper on it and email it to you I'm sure all of a sudden his father is bed ridden. :biggrin:

Good luck with it, money is too hard to get hold of without giving it to some scamming individual with questionable parentage :biggrin:

That TP is lovely but I can't justify spending the money yet. It's early days for my setup and that sort of outlay is too high for the use I have for it. I think the price may be justified by the seller not looking ideal and the machine not being a popular in the UK make. And going by the guy's text he's either British or very good at writing like a local. I do intend to push things quite a long way before parting with my money.

He said it's on his father's farm in Mull. Going by his age when I checked his details that would put his father at an age of around about time to pack up hard work. When I speak to the seller I'm going to want his father's name and address, and will then contact him through a number I find for him rather than the one I'm given. May even speak to the farm next door which will sound a little weird but most folk will be happy to oblige to help a genuine and decent neighbour.

The new account and registered contact number not being the one he text from is still very dodgy, so I can't see my cash leaving me until this guy has really made it clear that he's ok. That may well annoy him hugely and if he is a genuine seller I'm going to feel pretty bad for it, but he is new and he looks risky so he's going to have to just deal with the grief or sell it to someone else. Again, most genuine folk would understand that. I know I would.

I can't be of much help until you have name and address.

A daily Mull newspaper!!😄😄😄😄😄

Well, for a start thanks Mull29 - if it was genuine your reply could have been very handy.

I called the chap today. He had a very hard job understanding me although he knew where I was heading. He was quite happy for me to back out of the sale and couldn't have been more understanding. I think after my initial messages he knew he wasn't getting anywhere and didn't want to make an issue of it. Had he have seemed even remotely legit I was going to head down the route of send it and then invoice me, and I'd provide trade references. After all, him sending his chipper without payment in hand is no different to me sending my money without a chipper in hand - but I have 122 positive feedback comments and plenty of suppliers to verify my stance where as he had nothing.

At the end of the day it's not the deal of a lifetime, but I've still got my money so I shall continue the search. It's not like I actually need the thing anyway!:blushing: