Tracked mewp advice.

geoff

Thinking about a second hand 15m tracked cherry picker,any idea of a trustworthy dealership,preferably around essex,but can travel.Also,best make,I like teupen 14.9,but that single cylinder diesel is noisy,honda petrol do power some,that tempts me, so come on please,lets have some advice! Thanks in advance!:001_smile::001_smile:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used a few,wish for a weight of under 2000kg, so can tow with my Lr130,that limits me to about 15m,obviously reliability etc is a consideration, dont wish to spend much over 20k, and want a reputable source to buy from. thanks SWB.

If I were to buy another MEWP it would be teupen. Mine is a Basket RQG18 being marketed under a different name now I think

Mine has a single cylinder diesel engine and electric option. The diesel is noisey but when your sixty foot up it isn't plus you can hear if the motor is still running or not. Sometimes I lean against the emergency stop button and if you are working near a road where there is background noise it's hard to tell whether the motor is running or not.

Simple answer is to get dual power like mine, although the electric is somewhat slower than the diesel pump.

One of the main considerations with a smaller machine is the outreach, the outreach to me is the most important.

Teupen 15m = 6.4m

Basket 15m = 7.5m

Teupen 18m = 7.6m

Basket 18m = 11m

The one I would buy if I saved up my pennies is this Spiderlift - Products - LEO 23GT/25T

Thanks Dean, I think the 23 could be too heavy for me, I quite like the teupen, but agree outreach is a priority,do you think I'm being realistic ot around 20k,or gonna get a load of worn out rubbish to look at?

Thanks Dean, I think the 23 could be too heavy for me, I quite like the teupen, but agree outreach is a priority,do you think I'm being realistic ot around 20k,or gonna get a load of worn out rubbish to look at?

No, you should get a very good 15m machine for that price :001_smile: