Arb dog insurance

guiton

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1405166116.189057.jpg.d73461ef69fe53626f9712581718928d.jpg

Hi everyone

Some advice needed, this is Sam.

Iv been taking him to work from the age of ten weeks just to get use to all the noise/smells/sights we all deal with everyday.

My question is anyone else have a dog with them during the day ? I work a mixture of private and commercial arb jobs mon to fri, with the obvious dangers and risk of injury has anyone insured there arb dogs ?

Reading the small print of petplan/morethan/aviva he's not covered at a place of work or for work purposes (even though he's no help what so ever lowering off or up the tree with me) 😅

Cheers for taking the time to read this !

Ads

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1405166100.659331.jpg.ea2172fdc46256e75e41c04ab9de7187.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1405166085.917203.jpg.ce944501cf21243e654249899c8d7168.jpg

Used to have a dog insured, it was a golden ticket for the vet and caused the fog more stress 1 time it was in for a simple sore leg.

My view of any insurance, is it doesn't stop the pain, so just be carefull.

Never leave the dog in a vehicle with it running, keep it out the way and take your keys with you.

My mate ran 1 of his dogs over with his van in the yard and jammed the other dogs head in the door when closing it.

Personally I tried it and the dogs stay at home, more grief than I needed tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Mine has got a lifetime health plan and £1 million public liability for working. She's a lab, but not a gun so the work insurance is related to what I do and having her on site.

She doesn't come out often, mainly because it wouldn't be fair on her, but when she is with me it's nice to have the piece of mind that if she got herself into trouble I'm backed up. The cover includes things like causing traffic collisions etc.

Can't remember the insurer, I'll look it up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Arbtalk mobile app

Waste of money IMO. I just put a tenner away each week to cover any bills.

HI MICK im thinking that way to our dog we not made claim on it in 4 years and there was farmer kill when a JCB LOADER come down on him when his dog was in the cab of loader not good at thanks jon

We run 3, 4, 5 or 6 dogs, mostly rescue types.

Been doing it for over 20 years.

No pet insurance ever.

Sensible Vet bills paid Ex cash.

Though 10 year ago I did pay over £400.00 for the stupid(i.e. thought he was fit for a Staffie) Dalmatian chewed up by the said 1/2 Staffie cross, that was the only significent " hit" during these years, and purely due to my neglect/inattention.

cheers

marcus