Method Statement Template

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a quick glance through that method statement....... it is in no way professional or competent enough for our critera although i think it would be magic for most domestic jobs.

RUBBISH!!!:mad1:

May not be a style YOU like, but nothing wrong with it.

Just seen this post, didnt realise you had replied to it.

Put it this way - if you presented me with that method statement prior to carrying out works on a commercial contract for me, I would decline it.

For starters - is it a risk assessment or a method statement? Or both?

Secondly, it misses out key info like access NGR, site NGR etc.

Also, it does not directly relate to any accompanying documents such as a health and safety policy, site specific risk assessment, generic risk assessment, local environment risk assessment and/or other specific company policies..

Like I said, it would be fine for domestic work, and probably overkill at that but I dont think it's a winner for commercial contracts... just my opinion, sorry if that dosent suit.

Sorry....... positive points...

I like the way it lists out all the BS numbers and specific legislation relating to PPE, EN numbers etc..

I also like the fact that it is simple and easy to read.

I think there should be a section in there with the tree ops relating to windblow and storm damage as well as the pruning, felling, section felling etc.

Its a site specific method statement that all it is, it says what you are doing at a specific site. Some of the stuff isnt required ie nearest hospital hse accident stuff etc all it needs to have is what you are doing and how you carry it out.

It works for quite a few large construction/management firms, no one has questioned it yet.

BTW what is NGR? :001_smile:

Sorry....... positive points...

I like the way it lists out all the BS numbers and specific legislation relating to PPE, EN numbers etc..

I also like the fact that it is simple and easy to read.

I think there should be a section in there with the tree ops relating to windblow and storm damage as well as the pruning, felling, section felling etc.

Ta :001_smile:

Yeah there is a lot more that needs adding, I only give method statements when people ask for them and its always construction and nearly always just felling/section felling.

NGR - national grid reference/OS grid reference etc, we have to have it on all job specific paperwork.

I should say it's a fine statement for a construction company or a management firm, but a management firm shouldnt really require a method statement from you as it's part of their job to 'manage' that side of things..

Have you used the statement for the FC or any LA work??