a good top handle saw please

RichieR

Is the 1/4 sprocket an Echo part? If it's not I maybe wouldn't make any mods until the warranty has run its course. Are you using a Stihl bar because of the shape, or some other reason?

I have a 12" Cannon carving bar with Dime tip that has 1/4 chain on a Husky 141. What length is the Stihl bar that you have modded? Ta.

Yes it is an Echo part and im using that particular bar because of the kerf, it's only .43 gauge so saps very little power from the saw meaning the saw can handle larger timber without a problem. The bar I modded was 10" but I fancy it would be fine on a 12" of the same bar

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling these Echo top handle saws are going to become more mainstream, I have the 360, & the small one, they are good honest well built saws, & seem to last, if fragility is creeping in on the 'big two', these are the most viable contenders, My little 26cc top saw is 5 years old, has had some abuse, & it still runs sweet as a nut, just a chain brake spring replaced.

Thank you. If the main issue with the husky is breaking by being banged around then I can live with that. I won't be trying to work at the speed you lads have to work to so I can take a bit more care dropping it on the tool strop. I always have had husky and I would like to stay with the brand

Thank you. If the main issue with the husky is breaking by being banged around then I can live with that. I won't be trying to work at the speed you lads have to work to so I can take a bit more care dropping it on the tool strop. I always have had husky and I would like to stay with the brand

There are 4 of us running 540's since end of last year, no issues with the rear av spring or any other parts breaking, even the bar is holding up well. Only issue I had was with running the saw I eventually got mine replaced the new one runs well.

I would add the new 201's give the 540 a run for there money, and are better built.

I've just been having a think about my Echo.

The air filter is good.

The front handle is good.

The price was good.

The vibration is questionable.

The filler caps are badly designed.

The tool strop attachment is not strong enough.

The replacent snapped too.

That snapped too.

The chain brake lever is rubbish.

The chain and bar is rubbish.

The crank bearing failed.

Then it failed again.

The starter cord spring snapped.

Another one snapped.

Then another.

The exhaust blows slight backwards.

My saw is four years old and all this happened in the first two years and it was being used about two days a week.

You pays your money and you pays the price!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.

I've just been having a think about my Echo.

The air filter is good.

The front handle is good.

The price was good.

The vibration is questionable.

The filler caps are badly designed.

The tool strop attachment is not strong enough.

The replacent snapped too.

That snapped too.

The chain brake lever is rubbish.

The chain and bar is rubbish.

The crank bearing failed.

Then it failed again.

The starter cord spring snapped.

Another one snapped.

Then another.

The exhaust blows slight backwards.

My saw is four years old and all this happened in the first two years and it was being used about two days a week.

You pays your money and you pays the price!

The new 360 is a far tougher saw, I think you had the little one by the sounds of things.

The 360 has the toughest lanyard clip on the market.:001_smile:

The new 360 is a far tougher saw, I think you had the little one by the sounds of things.

The 360 has the toughest lanyard clip on the market.:001_smile:

Mine is the 350tes, I think. Or 360tes.

Oh I don't know but I do know it's not the new one.