a good top handle saw please

RichieR

I'll just give a quick update on my husky 540 that I slated in this thread before I've eventually got it back after 1 month and 2 weeks in the dealers it's had the rear av spring replaced a new side plate and new software or firmware can't remember what he said it was.

Any way it runs like a beast now stacks of power and I don't need to choke it every 5 mins when I've turned it off, the new software has transformed it.

But I'm still worried about the quality of the plastics I can't see it lasting 2 years before I need to replace it

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just give a quick update on my husky 540 that I slated in this thread before I've eventually got it back after 1 month and 2 weeks in the dealers it's had the rear av spring replaced a new side plate and new software or firmware can't remember what he said it was.

Any way it runs like a beast now stacks of power and I don't need to choke it every 5 mins when I've turned it off, the new software has transformed it.

But I'm still worried about the quality of the plastics I can't see it lasting 2 years before I need to replace it

How,long after you bought it did the dealer have it back?

How,long after you bought it did the dealer have it back?

I had it for around a month before it went back, the dealer has had the saw longer than me.

I could of used it but if I'm paying £500+ for a saw I want it to work perfectly

That's right stick to your guns. I picked up mine tried it out and the oil pump was pissing out the chain oil so took it straight back. The lad at the dealer said he would have a look at it. I told look as much as you like but at £540 leaving my pocket less than an hour ago I would be walking out of the shop with a new one and if that one was **** then I would be back for the Stihl.