A question to the chainsaw experts

Coletti

TBH i would preorder a new fuel line and filter and fit it anyway, they can go soft in the tank or crack outside it and draw air etc. Its a few years old now so wont be brilliant and wont cost a fortune. Also i personally would fit a carb kit aswell as a good internal clean if i was keeping the saw.

Get the saw, give it a good overall clean, fit the above and see how she runs.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And here she is sports fans, all as described. Tick over was a little high and definitely in need of a tune as it bogs down when you touch the throttle at tick over but all in all its exactly what I expected :)

1404225040465.jpg.d4c4410e8c75c5913349c7d3a649269b.jpg

Scratch all that haha, I have learned the hard way not to buy second hand and never will again...its been cooked :(

I hate to say I told you so...:blushing:

Was it spares or repair/have you any comeback?

Do you think you'll get away with a new pot and piston?

I hate to say I told you so...:blushing:

Was it spares or repair/have you any comeback?

Do you think you'll get away with a new pot and piston?

No it was advertised as good working order but in need of a tune

I believe I do yes, paid via PayPal and item isn't as it should have been, just waiting for a message back from him

I think that's what greenstripe said but he said he couldn't be sure it hadn't damaged the crank until he had it apart and he quoted 350 on the spot so ill just send it back

PayPal always sides with the buyer so I think you'll be OK. :001_smile:

Not saying it's always right though :sneaky2: Pretend the boot was on the other foot- the buyer could run the saw you sold him neat then get his money back!

It's a right minefield. My life is so much easier now I buy new every year or two and sell the old one for a fair price locally.

First get photos of the thing, show it to the seller, and ask him if he can do right by you.

If he balks, go to ebay and paypal - they will side with you, and the seller knows this.