A bit of a problem...

Jamie_tardi

With private clients and some large contracts I avoid stating how long a job will take, that's a lesson for the future. Somewhere along the lines of the quote something has gone wrong, between the pair of you can you meet some middle ground. What ever it is I would want some payment for the work done not walk away with nothing. If they refuse after that I would say they are trying it on.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This kind of thing happens now and again, as you get older you will learn to spot them. If you get serious, i.e. threaten court/debt collectors they will probably pay up.

Don't go for any petty threatening tactics like dumping, thats just stupid, I wonder how many of those who recommended it will have actually done it?

Small claims court

Pain in the arse but look on it as another skill you have to learn

My son took landlord to court - we reckon he was youngest self claimant in UK

but now he isn't afraid of guy in Father Xmas Suit ( actually burtons suit in small claims)

I 've sued solicitors, barristers and put baliffs into Axa insurance company - every one of them defaulted on payment - every one of them coughed up eventually - it's the times we live in

Worst are payments using credit cards then saying not received goods, there are some people who make habit of this now....

It's just another skill you have to learn

call back with a load of cuttings and weeds and stick a note through there door as agreed the return of cuttings/weeds as you was unhappy with the outcome of the work carried out

and i bet you they come out with the payment and if there out tuff tip the load up drive away and move on

This kind of thing happens now and again, as you get older you will learn to spot them. If you get serious, i.e. threaten court/debt collectors they will probably pay up.

Don't go for any petty threatening tactics like dumping, thats just stupid, I wonder how many of those who recommended it will have actually done it?

Good advice. Follow it.

Sad, but I'd try to call round when there may be another person in the house, present a final invoice, and back it up with an application to the small claims court. If you wish to add pressure to them, quote them for taking them to the small claims court, stating that by not paying the original invoice they accede to the latter one. That may get their attention. Don't dump/tip/spray on their property. That path leads to the dark side.