tuning a saw?

billpierce

That 361 shouldn't have a limiter. Can ya do us a favor and give us a photo or two of the carb, the saw, etc?

It sounds to me you can't avoid replacing that carb. Do not get a chinese one. They are usually of very poor quality and will not last, and some won't hold a tune, either. You an possibly try someother folks here, spud, or the local smalle ngine shop to see if they have a spare they would let ya test with, if it works - keep.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't have a magnifying glass. but tried it with strong light and couldn't see the slightest of holes. it was a tiny but wet on the top when it came off.

so,

Carb kit £9-£25

and/or H/L screws £5 each

or post it to Local still place for "sonic rinse" and they will sort it/tell its knackered

or just £107 on a newy?

or if anyone else wants to fix it/test it/sell me a carb (walbro HD34A)?

don't have a magnifying glass. but tried it with strong light and couldn't see the slightest of holes. it was a tiny but wet on the top when it came off.

so,

Carb kit £9-£25

and/or H/L screws £5 each

or post it to Local still place for "sonic rinse" and they will sort it/tell its knackered

or just £107 on a newy?

or if anyone else wants to fix it/test it/sell me a carb (walbro HD34A)?

Get your carb kits from Rowena motors, the UK agent for all the main carb manufacturers, crap website but very helpful and you usally receive your order in 24 hrs, just mail them with your carb type and ask for a paypal request.

If that saw was with me, the carb would go in the cleaner for a deep clean and a new carb kit would be fitted, if that didn't do it then the accelerator pump (yup, it does have one) would be replaced or disabled.

If that doesn't do it, I would try to find a secondhand one on ebay etc. other than that - new carb time - that is assuming that the saw is holding pressure/vacuum and that the fuel lines, breathers and comression are all good!

If the L screw is doing nothing and the throttle valve is correcctly set at a tad off fully closed, the fuel has to be coming from somewhere to create an idle - the only places left are the accelerator pump and high speed check valve IMO!

in the 5th photo down you can see the welch plug what i super glued up. directly above that is a brass thing which seems to sit at a slight angle? what is it? no obvious holes in it (i.e not a jet.) i noticed there was a small amount of crap around where it seals onto the carb block? should i seal that up in same way i did the other welch plug or does it do something that shouldn't be sealed?

in the 5th photo down you can see the welch plug what i super glued up. directly above that is a brass thing which seems to sit at a slight angle? what is it? no obvious holes in it (i.e not a jet.) i noticed there was a small amount of crap around where it seals onto the carb block? should i seal that up in same way i did the other welch plug or does it do something that shouldn't be sealed?

Thats the High speed check valve - a one way valve that acts like a jet for the high speed fuel flow - it goes straight through to the carb bore if you look on the inside of the carb bore.