What is your single most beneficial exercise for Arb work.

coolie

why is there such an emphasis on weights and lifting heavy things..?

why not a good cardio workout? I quit lifting weights a lot of years ago as they were not for me and made me feel sluggish. Body resistance for me over weights any day of the week and lots of cardio.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just read this post again.

There is no single most beneficial exercise for anything.

You need all round fintess.

For beginners is strength training - sqquats, deadlifts and overhead presses.

( beginners need to learn how to comtract muscles. ) Giving the usual body biulder in gym only knows how to use 35% of muscles at one time.

For someone who had do squats and deads at twice the bodyweight. - can start doing chins, turkish getups and other strength based exercises...this will need to include a good stretching and warm up routine.

heres a good routine for a newbie.

Squat - 5 x5 reps 2 days week with 3 days rest between sessions. - add 5k every session. make these squats deep.

deadlifts - 5 x5 1 day a week - do it between squat days and add 5 to 10k a week.

overhead press - 5 x 5 - 2 days a week and add weight on as you feel but keep the reps at 5.

Focus on form not weight as maximum contraction of all muscles is what strength is.

add chins if you have energy.

mate dont over do it remember drop a rep add 5kg see your going to do press i tell you , you should do clean and press awsome for cardio and strength sets of 3 to 5 reps is more than enough.mix your squats with front squat it uses more front quad, it is harder but you gain more flexability in the hips, i would use power cleans more often than dead lifts you will blow your self too quick, all the top sprinters weight lifters cyclists top sports atherletes use this.

mate dont over do it remember drop a rep add 5kg see your going to do press i tell you , you should do clean and press awsome for cardio and strength sets of 3 to 5 reps is more than enough.mix your squats with front squat it uses more front quad, it is harder but you gain more flexability in the hips, i would use power cleans more often than dead lifts you will blow your self too quick, all the top sprinters weight lifters cyclists top sports atherletes use this.

yeah this is not my routine. been training hard for over 12 years now.

I mix my training up a lot , front squats woth heavy kettlebells are good for hip mobility etc.

Presses i do arm mostly kettlebell and power presses. up to 140k push press now.

this program is good for newbies as they can male big gains on compound exercises...the amount of guys i see in gyms doing curls and leg presses who can't even squat there own weight is sad.

yeah i was doing c&p's other day the are one of the best exercises.

why is there such an emphasis on weights and lifting heavy things..?

why not a good cardio workout? I quit lifting weights a lot of years ago as they were not for me and made me feel sluggish. Body resistance for me over weights any day of the week and lots of cardio.

Lifting weights makes you sluggish because you were prob doing the usual busy building stuff.? e. g bench press, curls flys etc

Most guys who doing kettlebells , cleans and snatches , squats etc develop great leg and overall body power. so much so that there vertical jump goes up, 100m sprint gets better .