AA ISA TCIA members

Lee Winger

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one AA member so far out of over 400+ forum members

I was in the AA a couple of years ago, although mainly because I had an agenda. When it was over I didn't renew the membership, only because it wasn't relevant to my future plans. From what I can remember, all their correspondance was professional, well presented, informative and friendly on the few occasions that I did call on the telephone. There website is usually up-to-date and is pretty informative for what it is. The trade show's are good, primarily aimed at contractors IMO and I also heard very good reports about the conferences. I think Graeme McMahon (or a similar euc slaying Aussie) may have even done a presentation at one such event:icon14:

Who on here are members of the the above trade organisations?

I'm a member of both the ISA and the AA, The AA sends out that cool newsletter which always has interesting articles and the ISA sends out Arborist News and Treeline which have good articles as well.

So there.

That's 2, then..

2 or 200 Quickthorn, it makes no odds to me. I'm simply sharing truthful information that I think might be relevant to the thread. And FWIW, I have no intention of joining the ISA, AA or any other association for that matter. Thanks

• 1 year later...
I am in the AA. Most of the time it is ok i gain a lot of information from mag and journal. The only negative is the conference which i woul;d love to go to is about £500 plus somewhere to stay and meals how can a mere woodman afford that?:001_smile:

I have been to the AA conference, i wouldnt recommend it, its full of people who regard themselves as top bods slagging each other off and generally cock fighting :thumbdown: Its a shame really as its another AA event/affair that is a let down.

I was in the AA, yes the journals were ok but nothing you cant find on the web for free and in more depth :thumbup1:

I am not a member of any arb related org, but as stated in another thread i am in other industry org's and we get alot from them.