Level 6 Professional Diploma in Arboriculture

I think you will find that there isn't!

Only one other centre registered to do the level six and I don't think for much longer.

That's how I understand it also.

But don't do it:biggrin: It's a horrendous workload unless you are really organized and can spend every waking hour on it:lol:

Jokes aside, it's an awful lot of work. One learner did one day, saw the list of assignments to complete and quit. Many fall by the wayside

I agree with btggaz.

Forget about a social life, forget about holidays, forget about reading anything other than tree related stuff, forget about weekends and welcome stupidly long hours of study, stupidly long hours spent looking at a monitor and welcome to the hardest 2 years of your life.

It's very hard, but so worthwhile; I'm sniffing the finishing line:thumbup:

The L6 Dip Arb is the replacement for the original RFS Dip Arb and historically the RFS Prof Dip was THE arb qualification if consultancy, management etc was your end goal.

This is not a practical qualification in terms of chainsaw tickets etc therefore it is difficult to compare it against what a tree surgeon or arborist would be expected to have. (No offence meant).

I've personally found the course extremely worthwhile, albeit hard work, and has advanced my knowledge base vastly in terms of tree law, planning etc. If you're new to the industry then the L6 probably isn't the course for you and I would recommend one of the other courses available.

Hope that helps