Zigzag help?

Rock Monkey

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's as good as anything I'd say.

This also works if your going to be dropping through a fork and introducing more friction into the system then returning to that point again ie when up and down doing a reduction.

Hope that made sense.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

1402424984801.jpg.7e1aa23c8d4c51a6a649cad5921147ee.jpg

I would girth hitch the sling on the D even it shortens a little, too much slopping and potentially crossloading crabs now

Yeah that was what I was hoping to do but couldnt find any local suppliers with the right size sling. Next size up would be HUGE!! Will find one online no doubt.:thumbup:

You want to move away from a Prussik yet make it work like a Prussik?

There are benefits to tending above the device then holding you weight with one arm locked straight to tend slack, also try to utilise the canopy structure more the ability to quickly take up slack with just one hand helps with this.

Nothing like a prusick! Each pull below the device also advances it so eliminating the need to hold your weight and tend slack so in theory conforms to best practice of having minimal or no slack in a system.

Bare in mind you should tend the slack almost every pull so as not to introduce a fall risk scenario and such a shock load on your gear if pulling from above the zz.

I agree with utilising the trees own structure but find a sling below is so much more efficient for primary access. Or reentering the tree after a brake when all you have is the bare trunk.

Nothing like a prusick! Each pull below the device also advances it so eliminating the need to hold your weight and tend slack so in theory conforms to best practice of having minimal or no slack in a system.

Bare in mind you should tend the slack almost every pull so as not to introduce a fall risk scenario and such a shock load on your gear if pulling from above the zz.

I agree with utilising the trees own structure but find a sling below is so much more efficient for primary access. Or reentering the tree after a brake when all you have is the bare trunk.

We all have to find our own way, and not for a second do I think my way is the best, sometimes I think we are too fixated on hauling our carcasses up the rope, I am still on Dinosaur rope technique (DRT) I think the main reason srt has become a mainstay is the ability to ascend easily without relying on your arms, I know the same can be done with a doubled rope.

I appreciate your comments on good practice about slack, there has to be a balance between both good practice in terms of eliminating slack. For primary access use a ladder, use srt or use spikes if it's a dismantle anything but hauling yourself with your weak more prone to stress related repetitive injury arms.