Rope fluff

Lancstree

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be more concerned about soil-grit-sand permeating my rope.

Than green slime, water and sap, yes it can be a nuisance especially sap which jams the hitch, water and slime usually dries/wears off.

Rope is synthetic so should not be degraded by algae, sap or water.

As far as i'm aware UV light degrades fibres, and soil contanimates get in and abrade the fibers.

Fungus has no effect on synthetic fibers.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Lancstree the reason you probably saw a special rope washer in a caving shop is caving rope would be more susceptable to dirt and grit.

we have an old washing machine and we have a rope scrubber cleaner thingy ours is a coiled shape and works really well idealy even on anti vandal paint you hang them just below outside tap and then with a bit of water on just pull rope through ropes can be very bad for washing machines as they are very heavy and end up in one side and it throws it out of balance wife blamed me for killing ours

I've been washing mine in my Maytag, it's nearly 10 years old, and it never goes out of balance. I feed the rope into it around the agitator, no problemo.

MB is it a top loader? in the uk we mainly have front loader that won't take the weight very well.

One climbing rope can't weigh that much more than a full load of laundry can it?

Like Butch I've always washed my ropes in top loading washers without any problem. I always daisy chain mine before putting them in.

I only wear light lacy items.