Samson Ice Tail on Blaze

Mark Bolam

Anyone out there tried 8mm Samson Ice Tail on 11mm Blaze with a VT/hitchclimber set up? Any feedback welcome. Just having a play around while I wait for a UK Armor Prus stockist. Can get Tana Mahuta to send some over, but it must be close to hitting these shores officially? Jonesie, Honeys etc. over to you....

From what I gather the Armor Prus will not get a through CE marking something to do with is construction (correct me if I'm wrong). But we have the New Marlow doublebraid, Steve recommended and I have some Beeline on its way.

Ice tail is a pretty good cord, I like it, its very hard wearing although it does get grippier and grippier as it wears which can be a pain. Thanks to Jamie I can now splice it short with a brummel splice.:001_smile:

im in oz, where can i get armour prus??

can codes and rich not get it? i think its hard to get everywhere except NZ for some reason-i believe its also made in oz too as well as nz. My mate in melbourne couldnt get it either so i ended just giving him some when i was over for the champs...

There's got to be a get rich quick scheme somewhere here Drew...

Armor Prus - non CE approved but awesome. As used by some of the worlds top climbers for work and play.

CE approved LOLER certed 5 1/2 month old burnt to buggery cord.

Your choice. God I hate this country sometimes...

I think the CE rating is being done at the moment-Ropey?- its crazy that it aint got it but thems the rules!! ive got some AP thats about 4months old and has been seriously abused-if i get time im going to put it in a test rig and see how strong it is now. If it hasnt been sorted by august ill will bring some over with me if anyones interested.posting it makes it too damn expensive.and a ship takes too long.

As soon as it gets CE I'll be selling it, I'm asked for it all the time just don't need the hassle of selling it at the moment without the CE.

I hope it gets it as I was told that due to the construction it would not pass (hopefully just a rumour).