Out of Aspen - trying out STIHL MotoMix

morten

Have you any evidence yo say there is any health benefits? No you assume there is.

I actually provided you with three links to support my claim, one of which is a scientific research study made by Department of Chemical Environmental Science, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden.

Low exposure levels of the genotoxic components benzene, 1,3-butadiene and ethene make the alkylate fuels especially favourable with respect to health for power saws, gardening machines and mopeds.

What documentation do you have for your claims?

Edited by morten

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Morten,

Have you tried the FillPartner on the 5litre can?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7BEqf6AO8D1Twe0SJ7Hmb1eIFVyI6JNCbeX7cGSR_aa3JaJ1RspkUGV10uqjiPSRsshQdg=s190

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/l_vHVVpsUwXsu03g8PoQ3qQP1_8kpojUap6sAvfavd5tAO70jxORJQeSY4b9OktP1mmp8A=s190

Would there be a market for the 25 litre in the UK if the cost of the fuel was cheaper than 5x 5litre cans?

Please let me know.

I pour Aspen and Chain Oil into a STIHL combi-can from 25 litre/20 litre canisters, so I am using a spout similar to the FillPartner.

The links you provided, gave me a "403 Forbidden" response, but I assume you are talking about Aspen Fuel :: Aspen Fill Partner

I actually provided you with three links to support my claim, one of which is a scientific research study made by Department of Chemical Environmental Science, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden.

What documentation do you have for your claims?

So your saying if I use aspen im a lot healthier? Bs .....a few fumes over the day makes little difference compared to what we breath in to start with plus a lot of arbs smoke so its pretty pointless to worry a bout a few petrol fumes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

Hi Morten,

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7BEqf6AO8D1Twe0SJ7Hmb1eIFVyI6JNCbeX7cGSR_aa3JaJ1RspkUGV10uqjiPSRsshQdg=s190

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/l_vHVVpsUwXsu03g8PoQ3qQP1_8kpojUap6sAvfavd5tAO70jxORJQeSY4b9OktP1mmp8A=s190

Would there be a market for the 25 litre in the UK if the cost of the fuel was cheaper than 5x 5litre cans?

Please let me know.

Yes and ended up spilling more than ever as it's the same crap design as the husky cans that after a few days don't click closed when you pull em out and I had a saw chew open a soft plastic can on the way too a job, lucky only lost about a litre.

Like said 25ltr and little tap would suit me better just for convenience.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

So your saying if I use aspen im a lot healthier? Bs .....a few fumes over the day makes little difference compared to what we breath in to start with plus a lot of arbs smoke so its pretty pointless to worry a bout a few petrol fumes.

The documentation for the health problems caused by benzene is overwhelming.

Try reading CDC | Facts About Benzene

Immediate signs and symptoms of exposure to benzene

People who breathe in high levels of benzene may develop the following signs and symptoms within minutes to several hours:

* Drowsiness

* Dizziness

* Rapid or irregular heartbeat

* Headaches

* Tremors

* Confusion

Long-term health effects of exposure to benzene

The major effect of benzene from long-term exposure is on the blood. (Long-term exposure means exposure of a year or more.) Benzene causes harmful effects on the bone marrow and can cause a decrease in red blood cells, leading to anemia. It can also cause excessive bleeding and can affect the immune system, increasing the chance for infection.

The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has determined that benzene causes cancer in humans. Long-term exposure to high levels of benzene in the air can cause leukemia, cancer of the blood-forming organs.

The documentation for the health problems caused by benzene is overwhelming.

Try reading CDC | Facts About Benzene

Yes im well aware of all that and I agree every little helps but what im trying to get over is in the grand scheme of things paying extra to use aspen aint going to make much difference compared to the amount of air pollution we all breath in on a daily basis.

The Aspen Fill Partner is a marvellous device.

Mine are used many times a day, every day, in the workshop. The one on the 2 stroke can is nearly 3 years old and still works perfectly.

We did somehow manage to damage the tip of the 4 stroke one after 2 years and several thousand uses, so are now on the second.

There is nothing 'crap' about the design.

Hi Morten,

Please let me know.

I would be interested in 25 litres, if it's cheaper, as the 200 litres are too big

Sorry but if it is the same as the green tops on the husky cans iv never had a good experience with them compared to years of faultless service from the sthil tops. I use the oil non spill on the fuel side as it's smaller and fits the 540xp. Crap may be a bit harsh but inferior is probably more accurate.

Having spotter that husky have produced a new can with redesigned spouts and discontinued the green type will they be producing a new fill partner of the same design?

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.