Out of Aspen - trying out STIHL MotoMix

morten

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Morten, any feedback on your use of the Stihl Motomix?

I made the switch (Aspen to MotoMix) yesterday, and didn't notice any difference at all. Smell is the same, or at least I wasn't able to tell the difference.

I value it a lot but the fumes I breath in from saws etc is bugger all compared to other air pollutants.

I would challenge that assertion. Do you have any evidence/documentation to support it?

I would claim that the fumes from a two stroke engine in the immediate vicinity to you is WAY more toxic than other air pollutants. The exhaust gasses contain a large proportion of unburnt fuels (as well as benzene and aromatic hydrocarbons).

Aspen alkylate petrol

Read about what alkylate is, why it is better for your health, engine, the environment, and what you can use it for

Volatile hydrocarbons in exhaust from alkylate-based petrol

... four-stroke engines with exhaust hydrocarbon emissions which are an order of magnitude lower than those of the two-stroke engines ...
Edited by morten

Hi all,

Aspen is sold in 25 litres in Europe but the cost of the fuel is the same as 5x5 litre can's and a 25 litre is harder to pour.

One of the many advantages of Aspen is clean can's every time and pouring straight from the can to the fuel tank so less chance of contamination and so improved reliability of equipment.

I would claim that the 25 litre container is easier to pour from and less spillage/contamination, when using one of these...

taphane.jpg.fcd3e1a0ce6d328edcb432c8cad376aa.jpg

Hi Morten,

Have you tried the FillPartner on the 5litre can?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7BEqf6AO8D1Twe0SJ7Hmb1eIFVyI6JNCbeX7cGSR_aa3JaJ1RspkUGV10uqjiPSRsshQdg=s190

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/l_vHVVpsUwXsu03g8PoQ3qQP1_8kpojUap6sAvfavd5tAO70jxORJQeSY4b9OktP1mmp8A=s190

Would there be a market for the 25 litre in the UK if the cost of the fuel was cheaper than 5x 5litre cans?

Please let me know.

Hi all,

Aspen is sold in 25 litres in Europe but the cost of the fuel is the same as 5x5 litre can's and a 25 litre is harder to pour.

One of the many advantages of Aspen is clean can's every time and pouring straight from the can to the fuel tank so less chance of contamination and so improved reliability of equipment.

As TGB says all Aspen cans are made from recyclable plastics and so can go in house hold or commercial recycling when empty.

The 5 litre can are made of the same plastic as milk bottles.

Have you signed up to get the Road Fuel Tax off Alkylate fuels?

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/government-uk-abolish-road-fuel-duty-on-garden-power-tool-specific-alkylate-petrols-designed-to-protect-users-from-harmful-emissions

All the best

Eddie

I fill my combi can from the red 5 litre can so the 25 lt would be easier to store for me.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I would challenge that assertion. Do you have any evidence/documentation to support it?

I would claim that the fumes from a two stroke engine in the immediate vicinity to you is WAY more toxic than other air pollutants. The exhaust gasses contain a large proportion of unburnt fuels (as well as benzene and aromatic hydrocarbons).

Aspen alkylate petrol

Read about what alkylate is, why it is better for your health, engine, the environment, and what you can use it for

Volatile hydrocarbons in exhaust from alkylate-based petrol

Have you any evidence yo say there is any health benefits? No you assume there is.

Would there be a market for the 25 litre in the UK if the cost of the fuel was cheaper than 5x 5litre cans?

Please let me know.

Anything that reduces the cost will help more people to switch. I would much rather have 25 litre cans at home and then a 5 litre for taking out for the day.