Out of Aspen - trying out STIHL MotoMix

morten

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wouldn't be cheaper than petrol but im fine with that but at over double the price its just too much.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

I'm with you couldn't afford the price increase on 20l a week would be ridiculous ic trees

Aspen and MotoMix is about the same price here in Denmark. I mostly try to buy my Aspen in Sweden where I often work, as Alkylate fuel has no fuel duty, and is about 35% cheaper, when filled from the Aspen pumping stations which are available at many Husqvarna dealers.

119098d1364485839-one-reason-i-use-aspen-aspen-pump.jpg

Hi,

In the UK the sales of Aspen are not of a high enough volume to justify considering selling Aspen from the pump at this time.

We have a hard enough job getting dealers to stock Aspen in can's.

Just think of the cost of installing tanks, pumps and all the insurance/ licences that would be need.

Tankers used to transport normal petrol have to be washed out before clean Aspen can go in them and then washed again to transport normal petrol as they are different fuels.

With the entry of other brands of premixed petrol there is more pressure to get the road fuel duty removed from cleaner off road fuels.

Making Aspen is more costly due to the processes to make it and the low volume sales compared to normal car petrol.

Please sign the petition to get the road tax taken off cleaner fuels.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/government-uk-abolish-road-fuel-duty-on-garden-power-tool-specific-alkylate-petrols-designed-to-protect-users-from-harmful-emissions

Thank you for your support.

All the best

Eddie

Wouldn't be cheaper than petrol but im fine with that but at over double the price its just too much.

Just depends how much you value your own health...

Just depends how much you value your own health...

I value it a lot but the fumes I breath in from saws etc is bugger all compared to other air pollutants.

Strange the op posted a 25ltr tub as I've just been told by my local dealer that sthil say it doesn't exist in that size, 3ltr 5ltr 110ltr or big 200something ltr drum but not a practical 25???

Shame aspen can't come in 25's save all these emptied cans cluttering up the workshop.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

Strange the op posted a 25ltr tub as I've just been told by my local dealer that sthil say it doesn't exist in that size, 3ltr 5ltr 110ltr or big 200something ltr drum but not a practical 25???

Shame aspen can't come in 25's save all these emptied cans cluttering up the workshop.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

I got told a while back off someone at Aspen that they were going to do 25lt drums over here, I'm sick of all my empty red ones lying in the barn. They do burn well though, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Not a problem for me. I just make sure the cans are empty, (at the price, you need to be). Then leave the top off for couple of days to evaporated residue, remove labels, flatten containers and when I next visit the recycling centre with stuff, I just pop then in the hard plastics container.

I got told a while back off someone at Aspen that they were going to do 25lt drums over here, I'm sick of all my empty red ones lying in the barn. They do burn well though, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Hi all,

Aspen is sold in 25 litres in Europe but the cost of the fuel is the same as 5x5 litre can's and a 25 litre is harder to pour.

One of the many advantages of Aspen is clean can's every time and pouring straight from the can to the fuel tank so less chance of contamination and so improved reliability of equipment.

As TGB says all Aspen cans are made from recyclable plastics and so can go in house hold or commercial recycling when empty.

The 5 litre can are made of the same plastic as milk bottles.

Have you signed up to get the Road Fuel Tax off Alkylate fuels?

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/government-uk-abolish-road-fuel-duty-on-garden-power-tool-specific-alkylate-petrols-designed-to-protect-users-from-harmful-emissions

All the best

Eddie