Out of Aspen - trying out STIHL MotoMix

morten

I just ran out of Aspen 2T petrol, that I have been running my saws on exclusively for more than 5 years, but as my usual supplier (in Denmark) was sold out, I went to my local STIHL dealer, and bought a 25 liter can of STIHL MotoMix, which is a similar oil mixed alkylate fuel (although the color is different).

I have heard that it smells differently to Aspen, though, and look forward to trying out "the STIHL smell" :001_smile:

IMG_2509.jpg.1e1873f837ea9afd9e8773639d1a6d7a.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just ran out of Aspen 2T petrol, that I have been running my saws on exclusively for more than 5 years, but as my usual supplier (in Denmark) was sold out, I went to my local STIHL dealer, and bought a 25 liter can of STIHL MotoMix, which is a similar oil mixed alkylate fuel (although the color is different).

I have heard that it smells differently to Aspen, though, and look forward to trying out "the STIHL smell" :001_smile:

HI MORTEN is it cheaper mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Be good to here your opinion after a few tanks.

How does price compare to the aspen? (maybe totally different here in the UK tho)

HI MORTEN is it cheaper mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Aspen and MotoMix is about the same price here in Denmark. I mostly try to buy my Aspen in Sweden where I often work, as Alkylate fuel has no fuel duty, and is about 35% cheaper, when filled from the Aspen pumping stations which are available at many Husqvarna dealers.

119098d1364485839-one-reason-i-use-aspen-aspen-pump.jpg

RIP OFF BRITAIN! Well worth being in the EU isn't it! :cursing:

Reckon we could sue the Gov / HMRC over duty on aspen given our health is suffering for taxation?

Go sign the petition, if you havn't already ;)http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/73719-sign-petition-abolish-road-fuel-duty-alkylate-petrol-cheaper-fuel.html

Aspen and MotoMix is about the same price here in Denmark. I mostly try to buy my Aspen in Sweden where I often work, as Alkylate fuel has no fuel duty, and is about 35% cheaper, when filled from the Aspen pumping stations which are available at many Husqvarna dealers.

119098d1364485839-one-reason-i-use-aspen-aspen-pump.jpg

HI ALL why can we not get it on pump then thanks jon :thumbup: