Self employed sign writing needs covering

deezyboy

I would say go for the magnetic covers, either blank or if the main contractor is happy to pay for them advertising their details. We've done it, it doesn't feel good at the time but try and focus on the big picture and see it as a means to an end. Ideally this regular work will enable you to build sufficient resources and grow you own business so that eventually you don't need to sub=contract and get your own work direct. That is how we dealt with it and it worked for us..

Edited by Bawden Tree Care

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely he knew you were self-employed when he contracted you to do the work, it's you doing the work not him so you should have every right to advertise the fact. He could have mentioned it was an issue before you had it done. Check out where you stand by ringing the self-employed advice line? if you need the work and don't want to piss him off just hang a tarp down the side of your truck when on site with him.

You will alway get more work at better rates turning up with a truck tools etc, I bring my brother in law in on jobs with his truck and get him to take his magnetic signs off as it would look unprofessional I also use a self employed friend with his truck but his got no signs & last of all my motors are signs in magnetic for when I'm on hire, & I'm sure it gets me more work, hope this helps

I don't see the problem of being self employed and having sign writing on other peoples jobs. Builders do it, utilities companies so it etc etc. If people want me with my tipper it is sign written. One contractor I have a working in partnership sign on it as a compromise.

I cant see the problem..my van is sign written and i work with/for a few other different tree people/builders/gardeners.

If its major to him then like the other chap said....his job his truck your job your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

Don't use your vehicle on his job, simple, his job his truck, your job your truck.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

Haha get working john

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

mmm thanks for the responses guys! I forgot to add that the sides of my truck are aluminium so non magnetic. I have been thinking since I posted this and the only way I can think of covering them up is by lugging a tarp around and chucking it over the truck on the job, not only would that look extremely dodgy but im also not prepared to have to deal with a potentially soaking wet tarp and try and find somewhere to keep it at the end of the long day. his job his truck is what I will be going for, and if that isn't possible for that day/job then he will have to try and look the other way!