Computer Virus.

Yesterday my lap top got infected with a virus – Pop up windows, mimicking Windows, telling me my computer was infected with a virus. (surprise surprise)

I did a system re-set off a partition on my hard-drive (this had always got rid of any virus in the past, but at the expense of loosing a lot of data, photos etc…)

I went back on line after the system re-set and re-installed Norton 360 and guess what….? Bugger-me the virus is back again!! Managed to get on line and chat to Norton, who kindly informed me that they wanted £69.99 for an expert to hack into my computer and cure my virus problem – How suspicious is that!!

I then spent the rest of the evening arguing with them as to why I shouldn’t have to pay extra for a product that is supposed to have protected me in the first place. Not good for my blood pressure! :mad1:

Anyone else had any problems like this?

Any tips on how to get rid of these nasty little blighters?

Best tip i can give you- get rid of that waste of time Norton anti-virus and sign up to Eset Nod 32 instead. Instead of updating every year to a new list of viruses, which you have to buy at vast cost, this prog works differently. It has auto updates every day, and it checks every single program etc by running it outside of your system before letting it in, and can recognize whether it is the typre of program that could be a virus or not, hence it doesnt allow it into your main system before its too late. There are loads of other benefits too. Its total peace of mind. You can find it here:http://www.eset.com/

It sounds just like a virus I had about 6 months ago,I also had Norton.I tried several free virus removers and the one that found it and repaired it was onecare which you can download the full version free for a trial period of about 60 days.Sadly you must uninstall your other AVs first.The virus was called Fake Alert.

Got rid of nauton and now got AGV 8.5 its free, I always back up onto an external hardrive and then do a system restore i did have one virus with nauton that would only let me start up in safe mode and did an online talk with them and was wasting my time useless.

Done a virus check with agv and it found 3 trojan horses and about 20 trackers and nauton was ment to be protecting me????

Norton is a waste of space and slows down your computer, go for free avast and spybot search and destroy, I also use a google toolbard as this has a pop up blocker it picks up east europe if you use yahoo toolbar it also picks up west ie USA. Run a symantic virus check it should find the virus. Good luck!