TPO tree removal without consent

Cloud9climber

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take photos of the work and the van in case the council need evidence to prosecute.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

yes with number plate too - a lot of cowboys have just mobile pay as you go phone to protect their anonymity

Edited by Paul Cleaver
better phrasing

Thanks for the response guys! Still wound up about this.

Plan is now, ring council tomorrow ASAP, find out if its all above board or if he has been telling lies. If so, which Iam confident, I'm off to see the guy who's paying for the work explaining about fines etc, hopefully the tree officer will be down also.

I have been to see the owners of the

House who's tree it is. She isn't too bothered and have allowed them to come in for access. I presume because she isn't paying for it so she doesn't mind too much.

Seen the guy whos paying for the work he tood me He had a top guy come out and survey the tree and it's 40 dead because of the houses that were built 12 years ago as the roots were damaged. The tree is perfectly healthy apart from a small amount of dead wood! When I asked him who was doing the work he couldn't remember! Very strange!

Should there also be notifications of lam posts?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

sounds like the owner is lying and just wants rid of it. if the council fail to act in a timely manner then threaten them with the press... get your local green part involved, they like to do that kind of thing. might be worth mentioning to the neighbor who is granting access that complicity in a crime is also a crime :) not sure they would push for her as well but its worth mentioning it.

oh, just noticed that the lady is the owner...ah, well she would definitely be put in the bag then if it turns out to be illegal. she might not be paying but she is the owner and so she is more than complicit

Edited by dervishcarving

Right so just found out p, the tree is actually coming out legally! Still a bit suspect about the whole thing.

Council originally said there was no application but then rung back and said they had a tree report done and it's 40 percent dead, therefore has got a 5 day notice on it to come out.

No since this one of the neighbours had a local tree surgeon out who said its 10 percent dead if anything and it doesn't need to come out. Just dead wood and maybe reduce some big limbs heading right over towards the house.

Still don't know who's doing it, but it's not the company who surveyed the tree originally. So for 800 I don't know what to expect!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App