Brash cutter

Alycidon

A few months ago there was a link to a vid to a machine that cut bits of cord about an inch or so in diameter into about 6 inch lengths, just fed the cord it on one side and it spat the lumps out the other side.

A, Could anyone please repost that link.

B, Does anyone know if that machine would handle strips of dried oak board about an inch square.

Thanks

A

Thats what I thought.

So anyone with either a TR70 or TR110,

A, How does the machine perform day in day out.

B, Whats the back up like from Welmac if you need parts or a repair.

C, The net bags of fuel it produces, how well are these liked by the public, I would have though pretty well as they can be carried home in a car boot. I would not want to get involved in delivering them unless taking something else.

D, What sort of money does one of those small net bags fetch retail ?, £8-£10?

Thanks

A

Edited by Alycidon

Thats what I thought.

So anyone with either a TR70 or TR110,

A, How does the machine perform day in day out.

B, Whats the back up like from Welmac if you need parts or a repair.

C, The net bags of fuel it produces, how well are these liked by the public, I would have though pretty well as they can be carried home in a car boot. I would not want to get involved in delivering them unless taking something else.

D, What sort of money does one of those small net bags fetch retail ?, £12- £15 ?

Thanks

A

It's me and our machine in the above youtube clip.

A. The guts of the machine are substantial and simple. The net holders and chute are pretty lightweight but have been up to the tasc so far. The paint is flaking in places where it has not been properly prepped but not too bad.

B. No idea on backup as it's never gone wrong. Blades seem to last and are resharpenable but not done mine yet but not done massive amounts of work with it.

C. Only have sold them as kindling so far. Your 1" square section sound very neat so probably more salable.

D. £12-£15 sounds very steep to me. I kick them out at £3 with log deliveries.

Beau

ive got the bigger 110 version,works great,welmac were gobsmacked when a blade broke early on and replaced the blade without question.we tend to fill cubic metre bags for our own use ,fill in about 20 mins. I do sell a few nets at £4 but you have to keep the quality up ? I think the way forward is to use this type of fuel to fire your own boilers for rhi schemes.

It's me and our machine in the above youtube clip.

A. The guts of the machine are substantial and simple. The net holders and chute are pretty lightweight but have been up to the tasc so far. The paint is flaking in places where it has not been properly prepped but not too bad.

B. No idea on backup as it's never gone wrong. Blades seem to last and are resharpenable but not done mine yet but not done massive amounts of work with it.

C. Only have sold them as kindling so far. Your 1" square section sound very neat so probably more salable.

D. £12-£15 sounds very steep to me. I kick them out at £3 with log deliveries.

Beau

When I re looked at the vid I realised the bags were not that big hence I edited my post and dropped the price a bit.

The material is edge strips of various sizes but of uniform thickness. Being Oak it wont do as kindling but I am minded to try and sell it as wood cobbles or similar. Probably cut a few cube with my processor to a similar size and see how they go this winter.

What sort if cost am I looking at for the 70?, pm that if you wish.

Thanks for your help.

A