Fumes and nausea

Stephen Blair

Interesting number crunching but it completely ignores the facts that

My 2 stroke oil arrives delivered FREE along with all the other stuff I order on a regular basis, I don't even have to make a call for that, its all clickety click click and only one delivery:thumbup1:

I visit fuel stations with a practically unlimited supply on a regular basis (unfortunately:001_rolleyes:) and filling a couple of combi cans takes less time than the costa machine needs to make a latte. If I did keep a bulk supply of fuel at the yard it would still take the same time to fill a can at the yard, without the benefit of the caffeine:thumbdown:.

If your groundie cant be trusted to manage a can of 2 stroke,,,, you need a new groundie:laugh1:

But that's OK, I fully understand the tendency to defend the choices we make.

If I had hedge cutters I would run them on alkylate fuel.

Also add on the cost of changing all the rubber components before you switch to apen ......

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also add on the cost of changing all the rubber components before you switch to apen ......

But thats a bit of an overkill. It depends on the type and quality of rubber.

For instance the Stihl green stuff is just fine, as is the Stihl smooth black tube.

The old black moulded stuff may fail, but lets face it, it fails with petrol too.

If you are competent in changing fuel lines if necessary, I suggest you change and see how you get on.

I have switched thousands of machines to Aspen with only a few dozen failures of hoses. The ones that have failed have mostly been just a bit leaky and easily fixed.

Hi,

You don't have to change the rubber parts but we have had a few that needed doing so we suggest that you do to have trouble free running from switching to aspen.

it is NOT a big problem just we like to be safe.

These rubber parts will fail with the use of normal fuel and the switch to aspen can make this happen sooner in a few cases.

Once changed they will live for many more years than with pump fuels.

This will save you money on repairs and servicing plus less down time.

If we get more names on the petition and get the 58p road fuel tax off Aspen the extra cost won't even cross your mind.

Petition · Abolish "Road fuel duty" on Garden/Power tool specific Alkylate petrols designed to protect users from harmful emissions · Change.org

If everyone who feels Road Fuel Tax is unfair on chainsaw fuel signs up I have a better chance of getting this put right.

Thank you for your help and support

Eddie

Hi,

You don't have to change the rubber parts but we have had a few that needed doing so we suggest that you do to have trouble free running from switching to aspen.

it is NOT a big problem just we like to be safe.

These rubber parts will fail with the use of normal fuel and the switch to aspen can make this happen sooner in a few cases.

Once changed they will live for many more years than with pump fuels.

This will save you money on repairs and servicing plus less down time.

Eddie

Exactly . Thats why I said best to change them before the switch . :001_smile:

When I used to work on the gardens we had a couple of little generators on wheels to power electric hedge trimmers, it was easier than the Stihl petrol trimmer I used a few weeks ago you just had to keep an eye on the cable. The generator could be 6 metres away so not gobbling fumes from that.

Its not a bad idea to give the saws a once over from time to time and change suspect fuel lines etc, even if not changing fuel.

So its an ideal time for a bit of maintenance when changing to Aspen, and I can't fault anyone who wants to change the fuel lines.

But equally, I do not want anyone put off changing to Aspen because they think there saws are going to need 'conversion' or are going to fail because of shrinking hoses.

As Eddie says, it can happen, but it is by no means the norm. Most changeovers go without a problem.

I currently have 2 old McCulloch saws which, a couple of years ago I just could not tune correctly on pump petrol, without costs of pulling down carbs and changing hoses. The customers both opted for new machines rather than spend out, so the old McCs were fuelled on Aspen as an experiment and still did not run properly so I put them to the back of the workshop as they were to good to chuck.

Last weekend I needed a saw to fell a 30ft Leylandii in my garden so I dug these two saws out with the intention of doing the carbs, but they both started instantly and ran perfectly, much better than when put away. No leaks, or problems.

So the debate for Aspen continues.... All good though.

Which reminds me Eddie - I'm ready for that next pallet (and only have a few cans left) - can we firm up the order and organise delivery for next week please.

:biggrin:

I have sent it though to the office and it will go out Monday.

Any dealers you can suggest to stock Aspen?

All the best

Eddie

I was going to say Christchurch Power Tools - and see they already have it!

I will keep an eye out though.... :001_smile:

Yes they have been selling Aspen for a while now and sales are building up.

Our top selling dealer has already sold 18'000 litres this year!

many dealers are selling two pallets a month.

Just need to fill in gaps on the map and get our stocking dealers to introduce Aspen to all their customers and promote Aspen in their areas.

Customers get better fuel dealers make the money the petrol stations were making selling poor fuel. Win Win